Echizen no ju Omi no kami fujiwara Tsuguhiro

steeve

Hello ,I just get this sword from a friend of mine .I know blade since a long time and my friend just give it to me because now he return to live Japan .When we were younger we had play a long time with it ahaah we were so stupid ..;

so I just discover mei on the nakago and on a french borad they explain me that it was "Echizen no ju Omi no kami fujiwara Tsuguhiro" . They explain me that it was certainly forged during the kanbun era

the total size is 76,5cm (nakago 15,5)

it's very difficult to see the hamon but I think it's notare.

thanks a lot for your knowledge

6cyrxbg55g_tn.jpg

ui18s3hy2s_tn.jpg

s3lpbeesh2_tn.jpg

hygtkbg17x_tn.jpg

4knjfwzz3b_tn.jpg[

I will put other pictures soon. thanks a lot

From Fujishiro

TSUGUHIRO ÔMI NO KAMI [KANBUN 1661 ECHIZEN] SHINTÔ CHÛJÔSAKU

He produced in both Edo and Ômi, the katana he made have a ji of mokume tachi and the hamon is ordinary suguba or gonome midare. (Wazamono)

Signatures: ECHIZEN KUNI SHIMOSAKA TSUGUHIRO

ÔMI NO KAMI SHIMOSAKA TSUGUHIRO, and on the ura, ECHIZEN JÛ

Plate I: ECHIZEN KUNI SHIMOSAKA TSUGUHIRO

The swordsmiths of Echizen around the time of Kanbun did not inscribe the "Kuni name" on the omote, and there were many who inscribed "ECHIZEN JÛ" on the ura. This is in Hirotaka, Shigetaka, Kanenaka and Tsuguhiro. The oshigata shown here can be said to be very unusual in this point.

Tsuguhiro-001.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..