flooded nihonto exhibition, Kraków, Poland :(

Dear All,

I know that Poland does not seem a country where there could be a nihonto exhibition, but...

the Japanese Art Museum "Manggha" in Kraków (Cracow) hosts an exhibition by the Japanese Section of the Polish Arms and Armour Society (of which I am a proud member) where 80 swords and nearly 300 tsuba from Polish private collections will be shown. I am a modest contributor with a few blades and tsuba :quiet:

I know that those blades and tsuba cannot compare to what is available in the US, but the value of the exhibition does not lie in this... It is the largest nihonto show in Poland since 1900 or so... And it has been organised only because of the willingness to share something which is very rare in Poland, indeed.

Here is the link (in Polish only, sorry);

http://www.manggha.krakow.pl/wydarzenia/miecze

the poster is dreadful, but the Museum is well known and respected, let us hope that our exhibition will attract many people...

The exhibition has started on 13 May. It seems that even 13 can be an auspicious number, as the vernissage has attracted quite a crowd.

I have posted a short comment on the exibition, plus a few pictures on my blog:

http://gomabashi.blogspot.com/2010/05/j ... rakow.html

If some of the NMB members visit Kraków this summer, this is definitely worth seeing :)

Kraków is now flooded, so you might want to wait a bit until you visit it. The Museum which hosts the exhibition is on the shore of the Vistula, the water level is very high. I hope they won't have to evacuate.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..