Unknown smith

Roland

He isn't registered at Hawley's. And I were not able to find any hints about him in any books or publications I have access to. Same problem with online search engines. He seems to be shinto/shinshinto period or a Gendaito smith of WWII era.

The name of the smith is Teruhisa, and he signed like this:

Does anybody of the NMB members with more knowledge than I myself have an idea where to look or even knows this smith?

post-487-14196770375997_thumb.jpg

Because he has no more informations, not more than what is stated on the website. In so far I'm just curious if anybody has an idea or has headr of this smith. For me with my very rudimentary knowledge it is the first time that I'm totally unable to "locate" a smith's name :phew:

• 3 years later...

Hi Guys,

I am now the new keeper of this blade. I hope I am worthy.

http://collectorsloot.homestead.com/swd3.html

A great thank you to Roy for being a gentleman and a good guy to deal with. I hope his knee op goes O.K.

I love the blade. It has few Kizu (a tiny ware and a blister which the polisher skillfully stopped at) and the hamon is very thin and plain suguha, but nevertheless a good study piece. IMHO a blade made for use and not an art object. (hence the minimum plain hamon for sharpness only and the main body for strength)

But

trying to get any further info on the smith age etc is proving very difficult. I have scoured ALL my books and references and drawn a blank.

The Mei is very neatly carved compared to my other nihonto and there is nothing carved on the ura side.

Has anybody any help or suggestions to offer ?

Greatly appreciated

Gwyn

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..