Looking for Koshirae Fitting

Rye

image.thumb.jpeg.efbeb08d88c8c0c97400dd3bc4785e2e.jpeg

I bought this 1944 Gendaito from a friend in Tokyo, and I'm hoping to have a new tsuka refit.
I bought this sword for formal tameshigiri, however, the tsuka is loose and cracked in a few places. Additionally, I'm not a fan of its black, lacquered tsukaito or the Gunto Kashira. I was wondering if anyone knew of someone (preferably in the U.S./TX) where I can have a new tsuka fit. Thank you!

13 hours ago, Bruce Pennington said:

@Rye

Dave,

Is this a star-stamped RJT blade?  If so, could you post photos of the nakago, both sides?

In addition to the above names, you can check with Chris Lohman at Japanese Sword Restoration Parts & Supplies - Fred Lohman Company (Japanese-swords.com)

It is not, it's signed Yoshchika 1944, I bought it from my friend in Tokyo, Masatoshi Sugawara (Masa sword)

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Stephen said:

I can't tell from photo are you sure it's gunto and not handachi mounts?

Many good guys out there Ted T, John T, David McDonald...I've used all three happy with all.

Wonderful, do you have any contact info for them? Thank you!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..