help with MODERN black powder Matchlock please

Mark

hope this is ok, if not please remove. this is modern.  I know nothing about it. I got it in a group of stuff and hope to find it a new home.  But i have NO idea what this is worth, i see other types of muskets made by Pedersoli for sale. I checked their website.  But can't find one of these.   I thought maybe some of our members use matchlocks and may have some experience. Any help appreciated, i just want to put a fair price on it so i don't embarrass myself. I plan to sell it locally as i am not sure about shipping and i don't want any issues with it.

Thanks in advance!!

mark

20220911_092146.jpg

20220911_091150.jpg

• Like 1

Brian

thanks!  I looked on their website, on the new, GB, and could not find one anywhere. strange, maybe a short run or something.  I was hoping to find one that sold so i could see what they bring.  glad to hear  they make good quality, i have no idea as this is waaay out of my area

mark

Pedersoli used to make a Japanese style matchlock called the Tomonobu Teppo .492 but is seems to have disappeared from the website at the top of the page .It was /is used in the Repo Tanegashima match at the MLIAC World Champs

https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/japanese-matchlocks.146122/
I suspect this is a high class gun and not cheap.

The ones I see sold for about $600, but that was almost 8 years ago and prices will have gone wild.

On 9/12/2022 at 2:27 AM, Brian said:

https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/Japanese-matchlocks.146122/
I suspect this is a high class gun and not cheap.

The ones I see sold for about $600, but that was almost 8 years ago and prices will have gone wild.

Brian,

Thank you for this link.  Within it is this link that I absolutely enjoyed.  On that page there are other teppou links as well:

BaZZa.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..