Japanese Scroll Painting For Sale/Bid

Franco D

This scroll painting was purchased at a garage sale many years ago with the intention of and in dire need of being remounted. That day never came and the nearby shop is now gone. So, I am placing this scroll painting for sale "as is" open to offers/bids for a period of one week beginning at the time of this post and ending on Saturday June 11th 2022 at 4 pm, with 100% of the proceeds/bid going directly to the Nihonto Message Board / Brian in the form of a donation for the full amount made directly by the buyer that places the highest offer/bid at or before the end time of this sale to the NMB. This sale is for U.S. destinations only and will include shipping paid by me within the United Sates via priority mail through the USPS. The opening price is $40.00 (USD). 

Aside from the tattered mount with one cracked ivory roller the painting itself is not torn or damaged besides a number of creases. The colors are still very good. The painting depicts what appears to be Chinese scholars writing poetry and or practicing their calligraphy next to a brook with cups of wine/sake (?) being floated down with the gentle flowing current. The approximate length of the painting is 6 feet. Please see the following images for additional details. Please resolve all questions before bidding.

This sale is final.

All corrections welcomed!

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Franco

Kanpu Omata (Omata Kanpu, September 27, 1894-October 22, 1947) is a Japanese painter, Nanga painter, and poet. His real name is Shinjiro. He is from Wakayama City, Wakayama Prefecture. He first studied Western painting and later turned to Japanese painting. He studied under Terasaki Kogyo and later Komuro Suiun. He participated in the establishment of Daito Nansoin. [Career] 1894 (Meiji 27) --Born in Wakayama City, Wakayama Prefecture. 1913 (Taisho 2) --Going to Tokyo. He studied at Taiheiyo Art Association Institute and Nihon Bijutsuin Western Painting Department. 1916 (Taisho 5) --Formed a poetry company with Takuji Ote and Hemmi Takashi. 1917 (Taisho 6)-Takuji Ote, Hemmi Takashi and silent song formation. He turned to Japanese painting. 1918 (...

From "Wikipedia"

Information about this person

Person name Yomi Omata Kampuu
Person alias Kanpu Oya

Daegu, Sightseeing

Oya, Shinjiro
year of birth 1894
Year of death 1947
Occupation, career, etc. painter

1846200906_IMG_47792.jpg.dd773be217e726eba063d32cc1709179.jpg

1362973989_IMG_47742.thumb.jpg.ed16cfb05205cfac328931b612d1a61f.jpg

1201011586_IMG_47762.thumb.jpg.24b6f7d11e3d382d60f21f7c6cc00388.jpg

1675583705_IMG_47772.thumb.jpg.6f6e43186f07b11c4d574f752586003c.jpg

1504862802_IMG_47582.jpg.05f2a9bfc74064c18f6fd601c31957d9.jpg

392491997_IMG_47592.jpg.831f691da380c9a1096fbf3596e3b6fb.jpg

Thank you Franco!
That is a lovely scroll too. With minimal effort this would make a stunning piece. I am sure we can find a US proxy to accept it and reship at cost if someone overseas wants to pay for shipping.
Nice colours!

11 hours ago, Brian said:

Thank you Franco!
That is a lovely scroll too. With minimal effort this would make a stunning piece. I am sure we can find a US proxy to accept it and reship at cost if someone overseas wants to pay for shipping.
Nice colours!

You're welcome.

Yes it is. I'm missing it already, but it's time to let it go. 

Truly a delightful piece.

Thank you.

Comment:

It should be explained that in the past I would have been willing to take on the responsibility of any accompanying hassles of dealing with cross border shipping and customs. However, because of health issues I simply cannot take on such possibilities any longer. That, in addition to the abnormalities of today's world.

Additionally:

It should also be mentioned that upon the successful sale/bid of this scroll painting, once Brian notifies me that the donation in the amount posted by the winner has been paid to the NMB, I will contact the winner via private messaging to obtain the necessary shipping information. 

In the case that this sale is not successful, this item will be withdrawn without any further commitment.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Franco

• Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 3:40 AM, Franco D said:

So, I am placing this scroll painting for sale "as is" open to offers/bids for a period of one week beginning at the time of this post and ending on Saturday June 11th 2022 at 4 pm

Just to be clear closing time to place an offer/bid is Saturday June 11th 2022 at 4 pm  Eastern Standard Time.

Thank you.

Kind Regards, 

Franco

This sale is now closed, thank you. 

On 6/6/2022 at 3:22 PM, Franco D said:

once Brian notifies me that the donation in the amount posted by the winner has been paid to the NMB, I will contact the winner via private messaging to obtain the necessary shipping information. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..