Noshu Taniguchi Yoshikane

Hi everyone i wanted to start a new thread about this sword I had post d previously Of this sword 

It had scuffs scratches and a Nick!  It is listed 5th seat at the sixth exhibit held in 1941 

Because I have been told a sword should be judged by its own merit I thought it was good enough to get be polished by Woody Hall He said it was quite a nice sword so I told to him to have it polished !! I’m glad I did now! I know I won’t get what I put into it but I believed it to be a nice traditional sword now with a good polish that really brought out the hamon!! Woodys comments below 

Im happy to get feed back!

1E0667D4-5634-47D6-BADD-C3FFC87AE567.jpeg

64E6F539-3B7E-4E75-AEBD-A75E3F812E82.jpeg

8E63FC3E-D654-4D77-BBB7-3BA4A77DA922.jpeg

DE094E81-A0B4-4F00-9B69-4BC48676C98A.jpeg

2C9656DF-70DD-4FF9-BD28-AA4C35472B6E.jpeg

90B43BBB-D83F-40E2-BD08-A02800267FD5.jpeg

15734637-54A5-4089-9077-1936A223B733.jpeg

F1C526A1-90D6-4E0F-A7A2-4B7563F897F8.jpeg

A4A9E858-CCA7-440A-8D7C-9C715E20A2ED.jpeg

1B39FF49-0C9F-4E32-821B-2998B2A38CD4.jpeg

• Like 8

Thanks it’s better than most  WW2 swords from that era so at least I have that !

The hamon pretty much speaks for it self 

It was a long wait but worth it

I would put a 2900 price tag.  I’m looking for a older or a well known smith 

It good to hear some positives!!

It's a very nice sword, you did well to have it polished :thumbsup: Could you please also post pictures of the sword before the polish ?

I've never been through this process myself and I'd like to see what the sword looked like before and whether it was possible to "predict" the final outcome. I've never considered having a sword polished but maybe your experience will change my mind.

1 hour ago, Swords said:

I would put a 2900 price tag.

Do you intend to sell it ?!?

1 hour ago, francois2605 said:

It's a very nice sword, you did well to have it polished :thumbsup: Could you please also post pictures of the sword before the polish ?

I've never been through this process myself and I'd like to see what the sword looked like before and whether it was possible to "predict" the final outcome. I've never considered having a sword polish but maybe your experience will change my mind.

I am considering 2900 no less got too much money into it ! here’s some pictures wish I had better there were scuffs scratches and nick the hamon was hard to see any thing 

18ADA427-4E3C-47D6-A0EE-9951FB12C5B4.jpeg

367B49F5-E416-4832-A9AC-EBBF8021EF28.jpeg

5CD61C22-21E7-42BD-B0F1-AB77882F5809.jpeg

I forgot about those! Happy you found them

Polish do make a big difference but you have to have something to bring it out 

It also was sharpened and need to be more careful ! I had an incident a while back when the blade started sliding out of the scabbard My reaction was to grab it 

3 of my fingers were cut deep but was ok no stitches 

Now when I have to remove a sword I sit on the floor especially now that it’s sharper 

On 9/27/2021 at 12:41 PM, francois2605 said:

In fact, I found some close-up (before polish) pictures you had posted in earlier threads, I'll post them here for convenience.

image.png.8c7a66b566db2be0a8e4f4596295abcd.png

image.png.81a8a144c723f43062d6a7ad64bc4b3b.png

The polish makes a huge difference :o

Do you still want pictures ??

Hi I want to thank the public for their feedback regarding my sword When I decide to sell it or just a description

how do I label it since it’s been polished?

ww2 officers traditional made sword in full polish ? 

Thanks that’s what I was looking for !

I’m not looking to sell it I just need a description ! Because  it’s been polished how do I add that in the description other than it’s been polished!

steve

WOW Steve Great Sword. Thank you to you and Francois for posting the before and after pictures. What a difference. I have a couple blades that I think deserve a good polish but have a hard time seeing what the finished blade will look like. Maybe seeing yours will push me to do it.  Again great sword and congratulations on being the caretaker. 
   MikeR

Thanks good advertisement for woody hall 

I believe the sword was nice a sword and took a chance regardless of it being 5th seat 

From what I hear a sword is judged by its own merit or how well that particular sword was made! However I’m a newbie and can only make my own assessment for my sword But you have to give most of the credit to the polisher ! If you think your sword is worth the money I would say go for it 

Steve

On 9/29/2021 at 6:45 PM, Swords said:

Do you still want pictures ??

I would rather not take it apart unless Have a buyer From I see swords selling for more and the blade has nicks pitted brown spots etc so I think mine is a fair price 

I did find this picture not sure if it’s pierced or drilled? 

steve

D6797D4B-2E34-42CB-B1FF-1CFFE1A612FB.jpeg

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/27/2021 at 12:04 PM, francois2605 said:

I've never been through this process myself and I'd like to see what the sword looked like before and whether it was possible to "predict" the final outcome. I've never considered having a sword polished but maybe your experience will change my mind.

Hi if interested I’m selling my sword 

Steve

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..