NBTHK Disappearance

Hi all

Do you know about disappearance of NBTHK? NBTHK did a large amount of tax evasion. And the evil deed about juyo paper. NBTHK has Agency for Cultural Affairs and National Tax Agency and a trouble.NBTHK is in a predicament.As for NBTHK, a foundation may be canceled. And it is very likely that NBTHK stops of the paper. Paper will stop having no power. What do you think?

Nakamura

NBTHK did a large amount of tax evasion. And the evil deed about juyo paper.
Please bring forward proof of it. This is not a matter of "opinion", but a *very* serious accusation you're making. I don't take possible slander and libel on this board lightly.

Hi

This is not curse.The evil deed of jyuo of NBTHK was done an objection of in the assembly of the Japanese Government. Do not you know it? It was reported with a newspaper in Japan. The tax evasion of NBTHK is rumor of the Japanese dealer. I do not want to criticize NBTHK. I want to know how the European and American collector has it when paper did not have effect.

Nakamura

Do not you know it? It was reported with a newspaper in Japan.
Unless we're talking about local branches of the NBTHK being intimidated by Yakuza and the likes of them into issuing questionable papers some decades ago, no, I don't know about it. Could you please provide links / scans of the newspaper articles you mentioned?
The tax evasion of NBTHK is rumor of the Japanese dealer.
Thank you for clarifying that it's just a rumor. I have a good idea about where it comes from, and those who spread rumors (*any* rumors) should be ashamed of themselves. Please be more careful in the future to distinguish between rumors and facts.

Guido, I'm sure Nakamura-san didn't mean to offend. He picked up some info, heard some rumours and now he's looking to this forum to perhaps confirm or deny his thoughts. Just like it happens with my posts now and then, the emphasis in his words might be misplaced and mistook.

I was aware of that article. However, Mr. Sasaki questioning the transparancy - and the very system - of papers of the NBTHK, and alleging that swords were submitted under false identities, is still no proof of any wrongdoings.

Message boards can be held liable for defamatory statements members make. It's as simple as that. We can discuss whether or not the NBTHK is qualified to issue papers, or what value those papers have, but should stay away from presenting rumors as facts, or making any other statements that could lead to legal consequences.

I think we have to approach this one very carefully. Guido has made most of the good points.

One thing I can say, is that there seem to be changes coming. The other thing I can say, is that those in the know have their lips sealed tight :)

We in the West seem far more perturbed than the Japanese do. No point guessing, as conjecture is only going to cause rumours and that isn't good for anything.

With ANY high priced commodity there will always be controversy and some funny deals. This happens everywhere from car licences to art. The NBTHK seem perfectly comfortable with their future role, and I think we just have to wait it out and see what happens.

I don't want wild suggestions until there is some confirmed info. I support anyone who promotes Nihonto and they have done great work for many years.

As for papers, in the event that standard papers were ever to change, I think higher level papers would retain their desirability, or perhaps even attain a greater significance. You see so many different papers around, and yet the Japanese really don't rely on them unless they are selling to us in the West. Things change and evolve...and we have to go with the flow. Not sure what will happen, but we have to remain responsible and realise that what we start as a rumour spreads pretty fast as fact. let's please bear that in mind.

Regards,

Brian

Paper will stop having no power. What do you think?

Sadly as Brian stated some from the west desire papers with there swords, i was taught to buy the sword (and its workman ship) then not to worry about the mei and papers. I think the papers will hold there value

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..