Is this Masahiro authentic?

dhusker

I already posted on the translation site to obtain a translation of the characters. One forum member told me it was not good, and one collector I know told me it was good. I thought I would post more pics and see what you all think. I have never done this before, and I hope these pics are what you need. I purchased the blade from a reputable dealer last week. I do not plan on selling in the foreseeable future, so feel free to comment.

[att

post-958-14196749224374_thumb.jpg

post-958-14196749226132_thumb.jpg

post-958-14196749228234_thumb.jpg

post-958-14196749229996_thumb.jpg

post-958-14196749231534_thumb.jpg

Dan O

even though we find mei's that do not match we should not make the Gimi call, thats up to a shinsa team. Id go with the NBTHK for papers. Its a sound sword IMHO one worth keeping and becoming its care taker for your life time.

Can I suggest that you look at this page on Masahiro blades that I did a long time ago

http://www.barryhennick.20megsfree.com/index.html

Or if you go to http://www.hennick.ca there is a PowerPoint presentation on Hizento you can also look at. Click on the Hizento link on the left side.

My problem is not with the mei but with the jigane. Please compare what you see in your blade to what I have in mine.

If interested in an first or second generation Masahiro please PM me.

Hi,

I agree with Barry, this jigane is far from Konuka hada usually found on tadayoshi school blades

Thanks to you all for your input. I am interested in what style of jigane this sword has. Here is a picture of the other side with different lighting. After looking at some web sites, To my eye, the jigane looks more like the Konuka hada. What would you class it as?

This reminds me of when I started attending "Luger University", the tuition was expensive but I sure did learn a great deal......but boy are these blades beautiful.

post-958-14196749238713_thumb.jpg

Hi,

On this picture, i see the reflection of the cloth on which the blade is posed but not konuka hada.

I will take a new set of photos of the blade and send them to you next week. My wife and camera are in Chicago for a week. Thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..