Elders Auction

What a shame that they offer pick up only, any one in boston Mass area going? about 100 tsuba. 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=eldreds&item=121724943520&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=tsuba&_sacat=0

interested in where this will end, blade has a horid hori but the koshirai  :wow:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SILVER-AND-LACQUER-MOUNTED-TANTO-By-Kanesada-With-engraved-horimono-Lot-418-/201403209307?hash=item2ee491165b

1200 item total, guess just to much to deal with shipping

Hi Stephen, they do provide shipping:

"We provide shipping services directly from our gallery, however eligibility is based on an item's dimensions. Shipments from our gallery may take four to six weeks. We pack and ship small items, small paintings and rugs. Larger items will be transferred to an alternative shipping agent upon your approval. "

I know this is my first post here, but I have been lurking for quite a while. I live across the water from Cape Cod where Eldreds is located, and have been to some of their auctions, mostly looking at weapons and nautical items. In fact I was there in July, looking at a painting with a friend which he bid up quite high and didn't get.  They are fairly well known, old and established, and the Cape is home to some serious money. August is high season around here (in fact Dear Leader is a couple of miles from me as I write), lots of people and lots of wealth, so I wouldn't anticipate too many bargains, especially when you add the 20% buyer's premium. Most of my collector friends (even one who lives 20 minutes away) no longer bother with them. But I guess you never know.

I'm not planning on going as my interests run mostly to pre 1945 gendai, and I've already hit the slush fund pretty hard this year.

Having said that, I would be happy to assist any member any way I can.

Steve F

Steve...check lot 325 326 n 330 on their web site few gunto mostly NCOs..

sure would like to have my low bids win but  doubt they will ...if so can we work something out for pick up and mail to me, id hate to think what then charge for shipping. Id try to compensate the best i can for your time. 

Steve...check lot 325 326 n 330 on their web site few gunto mostly NCOs..

sure would like to have my low bids win but  doubt they will ...if so can we work something out for pick up and mail to me, id hate to think what then charge for shipping. Id try to compensate the best i can for your time. 

Stephen,

Be glad to help, no compensation necessary. It would be fun.

Steve

• Like 1

Result Tanto :

• Sold for:$15,000
  • Starting bid:$3,000
  • Seller's estimate:$8,000 - $10,000

SILVER AND LACQUER-MOUNTED TANTO Late Koto Period By Kanesada. With engraved horimono depicting Fudo Mio on one face and calligraphy on reverse. Suguha hamon with mixed damask mokume. Signed "Kanesada" with one mekugi-ana going through the signature. Length 11.3" (28.7 cm). Gold lacquer saya with inlaid silver mounts.

I like that tsuba, think you stole it. Even with buyers premium. What is that nakago ana telling us though? Not yori doshi at that size..... :dunno:

Oh wait....those are opening prices, not closing prices. So I have no idea if you stole it or not :rotfl: :rotfl:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..