What can we do to increase the number of Nihonto collectors?

Start a "Nihonto Message Board" Pinterest site and link it to the forum, if a few interested forum members would add images from forum discussions to a Pinterest image gallery this would be a good alternate advertising method for the forum. This is a great way to share knowledge and information with people from around the world who may not know about the forum. Along with sword related images, articles and books can also be stored and shared on Pinterest, here is an example from my Pinterest board.

Glossary of samurai armor / weapons related terms and reference material.

https://www.pinterest.com/worldantiques/glossary-of-samurai-armor-weapons-related-terms-an/

My Pinterest board is not exclusive to nihonto related images and information but here is a link, you will get an idea of the possibilities. I currently have over 3600 people who watch my board and the images and information I post are copied and reposted by people all over the world. If you are serious about getting the word out about the Nihonto forum and Japanese swords I know of no better way than Pinterest. https://www.pinterest.com/worldantiques/

Have a Pinterest page, but really don't have time to add pics to it. Would have to find a way for members to add pics themselves. Not sure how I add members.....individually by invite?

Sounds like a lot of work.

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..