Biggest eBay scam in a long time

Guest Nanshoku-Samurai

Guest Nanshoku-Samurai

Folks,

I am getting more and more anoyed by this seller's auctions. I know there has be an controversal debate on his items before but this one is really over the top:

This is NO Juyo paper. Please also note that there is no registration number and no nothing.

This guy has been selling overpriced Gimei blades as possible Juyo Token blades at the coresponding prices before but this auction in particular is really going beyond anything which ought to be tolerated.

eBay is a market place and not a place for the moral guy but making such false claims leaves me shaking my head. Again just my two cents.

Max

Max he is using the words juyo token in the search stgring so people on ebay go to it. No where in the description does it say it is a juyo token rated blade. I do agree with you, 20k is a bit steep given his no outside pics, no nuthin. :roll:

I am getting more and more anoyed by this seller's auctions. I know there has be an controversal debate on his items before but this one is really over the top:

This is NO Juyo paper. Please also note that there is no registration number and no nothing.

At least the format of the paper looks OK to me.

The Katana and its paper on the following site looks exactly same as that of ebay. :?

http://www.token-net.com/juyotoken/juyo ... uke-1.html

http://www.token-net.com/juyotoken/juyo ... uke-4.html

Max,

Not sure what to make of this one. He does say it has Tokubetsu Juyo papers. What is that origami pictured there?

It also does look like the same sword pictured by Koichi, and he says it is listed somewhere else. Same sword or similar one?

:dunno:

We all know that you are not going to get a TJ sword for $20K, but the seller does have what he sells usually. The problems usually lie elsewhere.

I have seen all those swords claiming they are "Juyo candidates" or will "easily go Juyo" but this is the first time I have seen him actually say it has T.J. papers?

This is a curious one for sure.

Brian

Not sure what to make of this one. He does say it has Tokubetsu Juyo papers. What is that origami pictured there?

It also does look like the same sword pictured by Koichi, and he says it is listed somewhere else. Same sword or similar one?

:dunno:

The paper on ebay is identical with that on Token Sugita. The paper is for Juyo token with same No. 9275.

Thanks,

So it has Juyo and not Tukubetsu Juyo?

Hmm..does anyone want to contact Token Sugita and ask them if this is the same sword, and why it is being offered at $20K starting bid on eBay, and $100K on their site?

Maybe he put it there on consignment, but doesn't explain why anyone would take that much of a knock.

Brian

A "shiteisho" measures 42.5 x 30.5 cm. They are not numbered. This shiteisho dates from Heisei 4 (1992) and indicates the nagasa of 76.65 cm and a sori of 1.4 cm. In my eyes the paper is legit. What I'm missing in the picture gallery is the "zufu", where detailed description and oshigata of the blade are visible. It's the shodai Kunisuke.

Eric

Hmm..that is very interesting info, especially with the papers having the same number on them. :shock:

Can you ask them to take a look at the auction and see if those pics were taken by them? If they are different pictures, it would be interesting to know where he got the pics from. I wonder if they have it on consignment from someone who is also selling it through this seller? Doubt it, but there must be an explanation where he got the pics and info from, as he usually does have what he sells.

Brian

I asked the seller yesterday to add the "Zufu" to the picture gallery. He answered : "Nani no zufu ?" I wrote back today, that it's the paper with Oshigata of the Nakago and the upper part of the blade, and explanation etc. on the backside. Now I'm curious if he is able to show up the Zufu. Juyo paper and Zufu are always together with a Juyo blade.

Eric

Ya he's a wack job. I asked him once just to make sure if there was any ware or flaws and he went off saying if you can't read don't bid. Then it went down hill with it getting personal. In my opinion definitely the guilty attitude of someone with something to hide. Those nice emails you mentioned, I'll probably get one for this.

Guest Nanshoku-Samurai

Hi folks, I am glad that this forum helped to stop at least this scam. Oh and don't worry about Mr. Hardy. he may bark like a dog but he won't get after anyone as he is allready having enough trouble in Japan going on. (It's a no no to send out swords without taking the export process :lol: ) So before he goes at threathing anyone of this forum mods next time he may won't to reconsider this and other things :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..