Poetry of motion

John A Stuart

John

he posted this with the picture "Giboji Fusetsu Ni Todomarazu..... akin to causing a cut that seems like people falling off a bridge with no handrails.....or something like that." I took it that was the translation, maybe I misunderstood

"Giboshi" is actually not the handrail but the onion-shaped ornament on a bridge handrail.

So the inscription "Snow does not accumulate on a giboshi [ornament]" makes actually

sense as it IMHO refers to the same thing as a snow or dew drop slips off a leave without

using any force. And voila, a nickname of a supersharp blade.

http://www.aisf.or.jp/~jaanus/deta/g/giboshi.htm

Just me buggered up somehow. I read the 'highlighted in white' bit as 擬法珠 whereas giboshi is 擬宝珠 The rest as huusetsu 風雪 snowstorm, tomarasen 不溜 non-collected. Ahh, the light is dawning. The onion shaped ornament on the bridge will not collect snow in a snowstorm. I am slow, not totally stopped. Thanks for the kick in the slats. John

"Giboshi" is actually not the handrail but the onion-shaped ornament on a bridge handrail.

So the inscription "Snow does not accumulate on a giboshi [ornament]" makes actually

sense as it IMHO refers to the same thing as a snow or dew drop slips off a leave without

using any force. And voila, a nickname of a supersharp blade.

http://www.aisf.or.jp/~jaanus/deta/g/giboshi.htm

:clap: :clap:

:thanks:

Great work Markus! Don't know what we would do without you few translation experts we have here... :bowdown:

Brian

Thank you Brian four your kind words. :beer:

@John: And I thought I was missing something :D I even checked facebook

if there are more pics provided by Mike. Somehow I missed his post on FB.

Maybe because I am hardly ever scrolling down very far. ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..