What's the game being played?

Lot of these chinese fakes has been on scandinavian auction houses and valued at 2000 usd and up.

The auction houses has started to hear us collectors when we state the issues.

But when someone buy on the web for so much they should learnd to get burned. They didnt do there homework.

He thinks it's real and worth the 10K. He said he had a very knowledgable man in the field appraise it and that "expert " said it was real.

lol. oh well. I told him that fortunately most will be able to tell right away that its a modern chinese fake, while the ones who cant tell, will not have 10K to throw on a sword. So it will most likely remain unsold. thankfully. I would hate to see someone pay more than $5.00 for that.

Maybe Sam might go show him some real Nihonto.

Chris

Now he says a Japanese man appraised it, but the owner of the sword ( which is not the ebay seller supposedly ) will now seek a COA. lol.

The seller then stated to me that he was surprised i would say the sword was fake from the tiny photos he listed and that the sword had been " extensively refurbished" and perhaps that was why i thought it was fake.

He must be a scam. No honest seller would be so stupid.

Chris

Scam for sure, but I can't figure out the angle. I agree with what Chris said in his post

I told him that fortunately most will be able to tell right away that its a modern chinese fake, while the ones who cant tell, will not have 10K to throw on a sword.

Why waste time and effort if there is no hope of any monetary return???? I'm sure he is not doing this for fun!

Also, the seller

was surprised i would say the sword was fake from the tiny photos he listed
, but he expects people to drop $10K based on those very same tiny photos? What kind of logic is this? I guess sometimes, one can't place logic on everything.

Hoanh

I looked over his other items, and he did have anothe blade, something that resembles a Gunto. I did ask him where the validation and verification of this blade was coming from, was there any paperwork, as 10k is a good deal of money to part with. His response:

"thanks for the reply. The sword is not mine and I am selling it for a friend in San Diego. According to him, there is a Japanes man here who has knowledge of these things and has verified the maker of the blade and also an "importing stamp"(? which was placed on it after WWII My friend is also ignorant of the sword's history and has relied on this Japanese man to provide him with the info about the sword"

Even at my level (novice -10 :) ) This thing screamed flea market fodder. My fear always is that some poor soul spots this while under the influence of god knows what, and offers the guy half of the asking price thinking he just made an amazing investment.

Sam

Gentlemen,

It seems to be a similar story as the one with the 80,000,000 $ sword. The sellers want us to believe that they act in good faith, but they are just outrageous. It is a shame that E-Bay wil not take action in these cases, so the scammers can legally continue.

There is only one way out: study the subject thoroughly and join the NMB.

Gentlemen,

It seems to be a similar story as the one with the 80,000,000 $ sword. The sellers want us to believe that they act in good faith, but they are just outrageous. It is a shame that E-Bay wil not take action in these cases, so the scammers can legally continue.

There is only one way out: study the subject thoroughly and join the NMB.

ebay is desperate for more listing, that's why they no longer charge a listing fee as a lot of good sellers have left in protest over the years of fee hikes :(

now 50% of the sellers are rip off merchants or selling rubbish

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..