- Tokyo reports 1,175 new coronavirus cases; nationwide tally 5,033
- Dave Chappelle tests positive for COVID-19; shows canceled
- Beijing launches mass virus tests
- Cabinet OKs bills to penalize people who do not comply with antivirus measures
- Kono backtracks on target to secure enough COVID-19 shots by June
- Japan's consumer prices fall at decade-fast pace, adding to deflation fears
- Man arrested for buying cup meant for ¥100 coffee but pouring ¥200 latte into it
- Australia reports no local virus cases nationwide for 5 days
- Fauci unleashed: Doc takes 'liberating' turn at center stage
- New COVID-19 case confirmed in Australian Open quarantine
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'teppo'.
Found 5 results
Good day to everyone, I am looking for information on this matchlock. I think it is a Sendai gun but that is about all I know. It is rather simple and probably later on decorated for the tourists. They also added more "sofisticated" sights but these can be removed without damage. All infomation is welcome of course.
The website for my new business Rain Dragon Fine Art and Antiques, LLC is coming along nicely but is still a work in progress. The business focuses on Japanese fine art and antiques which include traditional made Japanese swords, sword fittings, and armor the topic of Nihonto Message Board. Here is a link to temporary website that you can use to sign up for email notifications:https://dastiles1.wixsite.com/raindargonfineart. You can also check out my website for my personal collection at https://www.tsubaotaku.com/ Thank you.
Hello to all. Long time collector of nihonto but new to teppo. I found this at an antique shop while on vacation in Tennessee. Thanks to some Facebook friends, I know the signature is Goshu Kunitomo Tayosuke Katsumasa. It also contains Niju makibari. Would really enjoy learning more about Tayosuke Katsumasa such as time period he worked, how he is viewed as a smith compared to other Smith's of the time. Any information is greatly appreciated! https://i.imgur.com/caJc0US.jpg https://i.imgur.com/3sjGU9d.jpg https://i.imgur.com/ahkZe9x.jpg https://i.imgur.com/Beft3Bg.jpg https://i.imgur.com/dn4vjjW.jpg
Hey guys, just checking to see if my translation is accurate on this tanzutsu on my site. www.nihontocollection.com Should be 大和守 yamatonokami, 飾之 kazayuki, tensho year 1. Please note that this is not a weapon and was never made to fire. It is an original reproduction gift item.