This Is An Attempt To Find Some Mounts That Were Sold In The Past Year

I  don't have the money right now but i wanted to see if i could track these mounts down. in January of 2016 i bought a star tamp gendai from a gentlemen named Matt lapoint on Facebook it was in type 3 mounts. the mounts ended up being sold separately and i was wandering if anyone here may of purchased them or know anyone how may of bought them. it was housed in a black leather feild cover not in the best of shape with black type three fittings and lacquered tsukamaki that looks almost red when on camera. 

I

I saw that one and it reminded me of the post Andrew is stating. Lo and behold, here we are! It was unfortunate that Matt had to have the blade and koshirae were seperated, even if the blade was in bad shape. Still, I heard the seller in Richmond is a stand-up guy and couldnt see him putting sets together without mentioning it? There have been a few of theae sighted, so wouldnt surprise me if this is a new find, but it is oddly familiar.

yeah i know right well im pleased to say this was successful and the seller is a stand up guy willing to work this out with me so they are reunited and money will be put aside for restoration and i will update everyone once its all put back together it was successful thanks to all of you thank you everyone

Glad to hear! The guy has always been good in my book and give aciurate descriptions, especially on out of polish blades. if I had the money, there are a few blades I wpuld have bought from him. Kudos to him and to you Andrew for putting in the work!

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..