Yoshiharu Gunto

what numbers? not sure why i should respond as you did not even say thanks for the translation over on the Mark

I feel you Stephen. A "thanks" or an reply acknowledgement is always a simple and appropriate gesture. I think I've forgotten to do so in the past since I'm on multiple forums. Possibly the same case here? Or maybe just interested in getting info to sell it....

Don't know that I've ever seen the assembly # stamped on the nakago but it doesn't surprise me. Just a way to keep all the parts together. Looks to be a clean gunto, good condition. Most likely a semi traditionally made sword; not Gendaito but not bottom of the barrel either.

Grey

Don't know that I've ever seen the assembly # stamped on the nakago but it doesn't surprise me. Just a way to keep all the parts together. Looks to be a clean gunto, good condition. Most likely a semi traditionally made sword; not Gendaito but not bottom of the barrel either.

Grey

Thanks Grey, much appreciated.

Sadly, after I inquired for more pictures, I noticed 2x chips on the cutting edge near the tip. The aforementioned, in addition to the missing Sarute and the price, made me pass.

Regards.

Um, I think there is some confusion guys, this is NOT my sword, nor did I seek info on any other forum. I'm a perspective BUYER.

Forgot to post the tang shot with the 35 stamp, that I was SENT.

Not a very nice welcome........

Good to know. My apologies for the implied judgement. The bad is on "waterlo". Again, a "thanks" is all its takes...

I see the confusion now, I probably should have indicated I was the potential buyer in my initial post, and not the owner/seller.

Anyhow, no hurt feelings, and hope to take advantage of the knowledge that is on this forum in my arduous task of learning............and give thanks! :glee:

• 11 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..