My try to photograph...

gudis

Hi,

As said in the topic. Here are my triesto photograph my 2 mumei wakizashis that I own, they are no pricewinners but they are nice looking.

I have in my photos been using a setup with 4 spotlights and a sheet of glass with foamstrips on to not scratch the blade.

the positioning of the lights are very important, I was repositioning my light for a long time and finally I gave up, but I found it to be ok in my eye. Next photoshoot I will use a black background insted of my carpet :)

post-2086-14196792408506_thumb.jpg

post-2086-14196792410208_thumb.jpg

post-2086-14196792411909_thumb.jpg

post-2086-14196792414095_thumb.jpg

Not bad at all. As good as many web dealers and better than a more than a few. It is almost impossible to capture all the activies along blade when photographing from this perspective however. The lights you need to take a shot with the kind of contrast and detail you get from a scanner can only be found in professional photography studios.

Not bad at all. As good as many web dealers and better than a more than a few. It is almost impossible to capture all the activies along blade when photographing from this perspective however. The lights you need to take a shot with the kind of contrast and detail you get from a scanner can only be found in professional photography studios.

Thanks,

Im looking in to bringing in a flourecent light to bring out the hada a little more, but first I will try to add more spotlights to even out the light over the whole blade. And a reflector to bring out the mune more.

Im getting more and more annoyed with the grey background so I will retake the shots with a completely black background so that the blade hovers in the air.

But that will not come before the end of next week. I bought 4 more lamps today :)

Good start Niclas,

The black background, and fluorescent lights should help.

Very nice start though.

Thanks, but the fluorescent light only make the hada show up ALOT :bang: But I will try again..... Im glad its a digital SLR and not a film SLR :D

I think you did an outstanding job! I have been trying to capture images of my Wakizashi and to date; all I get is glare or junk photos!

:clap: Well Done!

Justin

Thank you !!

Just try it again... NO NO NO NO flash !!! just light it from the sides.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..