Cavalry with mon

Ooitame

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’m not into these type of swords but good luck finding it a new home Also the NCO

I have one made in 1939 Blades in mint 

I had posted it a while back 

But Thanks for sharing 

Steve

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Bruce Pennington said:

Depending upon the condition of the 95, you are essentially paying full price for one and getting the other for free.

Buy one get the NCO for free, lol. It is the Nagoya black Saya one I posted. The sword here shows much promise. I would like to just buy the sword on its own merits, but I respect the owners wishes for a good cause. If sold through here donation to the board as well.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Bruce Pennington said:

OK, I want you to seriously consider this: you buy the Kyu for full price, and I will buy the black 95 for $0 dollars from you!

almost not joking! Ha! But it’s a good idea!

Looks like I caused some confusion with this joke. I was simply trying to say that both swords are worth over $1000. More like $1200. So if you paid full price for this set at $1400, you were getting the other sword for free! So my joke was that I’ll buy the free one from you for the same price you paid – free!

As to the all black paint job on the 95 detracting from the price, I would say, just the opposite. These black paint jobs were wartime, paint jobs, and a bit of a mystery, so for many of us, this makes them more collectible, not less.  Of course, if someone wants a pristine factory paint job, then this is not what they’re looking for, but it doesn’t change the value of this one.

• Like 1