Broken wakizashi? Help with identifying age needed

Wooper58

Chris,

do you see any HADA that you could describe? HAMON looks SUGUHA, but do you see NIE or NIOI? What about the SUGATA? It might have been an O-SURIAGE KATANA, KATATE-UCHI or KODACHI or O-WAKIZASHI.... 

On the photos, the NAKAGO looks like EDO era to me, but one has to see this in hand.

The sword was probably cut by the police because it had not been registered. This is not done with high value blades.

I would always be hesitant to touch a blade with my naked hands, even if it was a destroyed blade.....

Bill T had one like that at a recent show, Yokoyama Sukenaga, signed and dated

I could only see the good half and didn't know it was cut. Imagine my disappointment when he pulled it out of the display case:laughing: 

Wartime bring back broken by MPs

Still, what was there was very nice, choji, if i remember correctly.

• Like 1

My internet search for “broken nihonto” just revealed an overlooked meibutsu.  

Named “Broken Wind” (presumably for its deadly ability to clear everyone out of the room), this venerable sword is currently in possession of the Chinatown Antiquer.  

IMG_2526.jpeg

• Wow 1

3 hours ago, RichardP said:

My internet search for “broken nihonto” just revealed an overlooked meibutsu.  

Named “Broken Wind” (presumably for its deadly ability to clear everyone out of the room), this venerable sword is currently in possession of the Chinatown Antiquer.  

Does it smell bad? Might explain its ability to clear a room. :laughing:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

I would offer to sell a few broken rocks on my Ranch. They smell good and are very old. :thumbsup:

You have a ranch, that’s just so very cool…as an avid watcher of Dallas I now have visions of southfork.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..