Two good results

Ray Singer

I just wanted to share some happy news from a friend and board member who purchased the two swords below, a katana previously papered to Hidekage and a wakizashi with old attributions to Naoe Shizu / Sa Kunihiro. In both cases I felt strongly that the swords were Nanbokucho period and advised the new owner to share with Tanobe-sensei for his assessment. He did so, and received a very favorable outcome on both swords. Tanobe reviewed the sayagaki for the wakizashi to Sa Kunihiro and said it was a reasonable attribution but he placed it to Sekishu Sadatsuna (Nanbokuchi jidai). The katana he placed with Omiya Morikage, late Nanbokucho. My congratulations to the owner, it is very nice to finish off the year with great news like this.

Best regards,
Ray  

• Like 8
  • Love 2

On 12/31/2022 at 3:51 AM, Brian said:

We all share in his excitement. Congrats to all. he must be over the moon.

I sure am!

Since I've posted about them both before and just provided an updates to the thread, no need to hide out. Ray was spot on with Tanobe Sensei, I think a credit to his own study and work with the nihonto community. It was a nice message to end the year with!

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..