chinese are getting worse

Ebay has a fraud policy and I wonder why they allow these guys to continue to lie in there product descriptions ? If the buyers of this junk are happy and not filling complaints that's one thing, but if I was a legit Ebay dealer selling real nihonto I would be raising hell with Ebay.

Ebay will tell you, and I agree with them, that they can't be checking each of the millions of auctions up at any given time to see which are legit and which are less so. And how would they know even if they were to try? I don't want some knucklehead at ebay deciding if my items are the real thing.

What would be nice: if ebay let us search the world except for items located in specific countries. Wouldn't it be great to search "Japanese sword" located anywhere but China, Thailand, and Pakistan?

Grey

Ebay will tell you, and I agree with them, that they can't be checking each of the millions of auctions up at any given time to see which are legit and which are less so. And how would they know even if they were to try? I don't want some knucklehead at ebay deciding if my items are the real thing.

What would be nice: if ebay let us search the world except for items located in specific countries. Wouldn't it be great to search "Japanese sword" located anywhere but China, Thailand, and Pakistan?

Grey

I didn't mean for ebay to check auctions. I meant the guys buying stuff that is falsely described (that is fraud) should be pissed off enough to do something about it. I have bought parts off ebay that were mis-represented to say the least, my complaint plus a few more had the seller banned and I got all my money back. Bottom line is those sellers should be banned, I don't know maybe if your dumb enough to buy that crap you don't have enough brains to file a complaint. :dunno:

I didn't mean for ebay to check auctions. I meant the guys buying stuff that is falsely described (that is fraud) should be pissed off enough to do something about it. I have bought parts off ebay that were mis-represented to say the least, my complaint plus a few more had the seller banned and I got all my money back. Bottom line is those sellers should be banned, I don't know maybe if your dumb enough to buy that crap you don't have enough brains to file a complaint. :dunno:

Pretty much :crazy:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..