Please help me Identify this sword

Canuck123

Hello everyone, New member here with a sword that needs help being Authenticated, Dated and Signature read by someone who can read the inscription on the Tang.

I've had this sword for many years without really looking it up till now. I used it a self defense weapon in my room for just in case eh. LoL

I've tried to look it up but to no avail yet. Looks, feels and smells pretty old but you never know right. So I am hoping that the combined knowledge in this group can send me in the right direction. Thanks to all who do.

If anyone needs more pictures let me know. 

20210812_105209x1.jpg

20210812_105147x1.jpg

20210812_105221x1.jpg

20210812_105302x1.jpg

20210812_010831x1.jpg

Andre  , not vague  reply from Dwayne , it is basically a fake / copy of Japanese shin-Gunto sword , made to deceive ,and   made in China  .

just google fake  Chinese Shin-Gunto swords , you will soon see there are lots, hope you did not pay a lot of money for this one , and it is not very old sorry ,

Samurai Monkey on ebay is the last person you want to reference for authenticity. No such thing as a pilot's kamikaze sword. While the parts may be real what he's presenting them as aren't.

I believe yours is a copy as especially since the nakago looks badly shaped and Japanese did not make Damascus blades.

• Like 2

It's a fake.  Good for self-defense in your room, or a wall-hanger.  But complete Chinese fake.  They really like to use that damascus steel.  Nakago is "caca" not Japanese, mei is gibberish, metal parts detail are all off. 

Compare to these:

http://ohmura-study.net/905.html

and this is what a Japanese nakago looks like:

DSC00629.JPG

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..