Kunisada finally home

brillone

Well here it is tho i havent been able to get tha handle of the shirasaya off cause its so tight.

The pictures isnt super, i took them pretty fast earlier today.

So did i make a good deal in your opinion?

Im realley satisfied.

I have also had my first cut from it hahaha. It was when i was trying to get the handle of and i held a piece of cloth around the blade, apperantly i held it to hard casue the blade cut in to the finger just a little bit haha.

If anyone can give me any info im really happy about it i will post the shinsa papers in translation section so lets just talk about the blade here.

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/brillone/

1st thing - Be Careful. Dont cut yourself or damage the blade.

2nd - Congratulations! I know that you have been wanting to purchase for a while and I hope you are happy with the blade.

At this point, I'll reserve my right to say "nice blade" until I can hit my books to do some comparisons. That isnt anything negative, I just want to give my honest, throughly reseached opinion, since you asked for one. So far I haven't been able to do the research.

Just taking a quick look without digging further down, the blade looks solid and what you wanted. You should be happy with that for know.

I'll post a real comment when time allows.

Don't get discouraged with the forum. I've made several post/comments/questions that received little or no written attention myself. I think a lot of the guys are like me and are just careful with what they say and sometimes take their time. Be Patient!

James

Thanks for the replys guys and i really am thankfull that people are honest and dont just say nice blade when they actually dont think so.

I am really happy with my buy. I really like the shape and the hamon. And yes i know that im supposed to be careful and i thought i was hehe but apperently not. Well i should have considered that it is a nihonto the sharpest cutters around, And thhis one isnt super sharp so i can just imagine how a newly polished is.

:D

You are now owner of a nice piece of metal. the positive thing being you can see what is a tsukare utsuri. Low ranked smith + tired blade is not, in my opinion, a good deal.

I don't think it is completely without merit. As its his first sword he can study it and upgrade to something better in the future. Won't have any trouble getting his money back should he decide to go that route.

Thank you for your honesty Jacques D.

Tho i havent seen any papered blade in the same price range 1000 us dollars. Here i have a blade that isnt gimei i know who the smith is and that he worked in the kanbun era. Sure it isnt in super quality but it isnt that bad to.

I know poeple say that you can find nicer wakizashis in this price range but i havnt seen any, so it must be that you people have contacts that i dont.

So im happy with what i got.

I concur. Joakim, I think you know about all we can find out about this smith for now. If someone finds better info, they can pm me and I'll add it. I can't see this thread going anywhere good, so enjoy the blade Joakim, and time to save up lots of money for the next one.

Brian