Nippon To Le Sabre Japonais + Photo's

Fuuten

Hello,

I just stumbled on this pdf while trying to find a Sukenori reference work;

*Link removed by Admin*

My french is not great so can't understand all of it however it has plenty of photo's i hadn't seen before. Maybe someone will see something new.

post-2850-0-38112200-1457977039_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hello dear NMB members,

I just gave a ring to Serge: There is a copyright, so that PDF file is not legal, to say the least. 

For your information, this is the very first edition, the later ones have been amended and improved. Serge also publied very valuable works on Koto, Shinto and Shinshinto blades.

Though written in French (nobody is perfect), they are worth reading.

Jean, hope you won't hate me :steamed: since I replied before you (the modarators are no longer whet they used to be! :) ).

Hello Guido,

Serge is a close friend and maybe I'm biaised...Having said that, he is known for his honesty and humility, he always strived to share his knowledge. While I am not sure for his first book, I am as regards his Shinto, Shinshinto and Koto books: He requested and got permission fromTsuruta san but also NBTHK to include various pictures and oshigatas.

By no means I want here to trigger a personnal war, just clarify :) :) :) It's always a pleasure to read yours comments and your humour.

• Like 1

Michel,

first of all, thanks for the flowers :)

I have no horse in this race, and don't take anything written so far personally. I just tend to call a spade a spade. I have to admit that my my French is quite rusty, but after downloading the PDF, much sounded very familiar (and not just because of the topic covered), and almost all drawings are taken from other books. No bibliography, and not credits given whatsoever. This may sound harsh, but in my opinion it's clearly plagiarism, and I don't understand why a big deal is made of the (very much disputable) copyright attached to it.

Since you are friends with him, I certainly don't want to put you between a rock and a hard place, and appreciate your loyalty to him. I've spoken my mind, and the topic is closed for me now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..