Possible Showa/ww2 Blade, Translation Help Needed

Pika007

Seen this blade at a blade owner/trade meeting, and it caught my eye.

Arrived in a saya with combat leather cover,

The blade is currently hevily covered in dark thick grease, and I'm working on cleaning it.

There is a mei as you can see, I would much appreciate help properly translating it. Thanks

Picture attached

post-2972-0-68644000-1455882295_thumb.jpg

Better picture of the signature+picture of the now clean blade incoming.

Can't see any hada with my room lighting, and seems like sandpaper was used at some point, so the surface details are a bit obscured.

Hamon is visible though, and looks pretty good.

edit, here are the pictures-

9y5ONUu.jpg?1

To not make the thread too heavy, the rest of the pictures are in a gallery here:

http://imgur.com/a/3ud1Y

I think the correct reading of 小野木 would be onogi, no?

and 米治 can be read as either Yoneharu or Yoneji....

the net shows zero results for all possibilities, currently searching all available books for pieces of info.

Does this look like an actual nihonto to you guys or one of the oil-quenched half assed pieces?

on one hand i can't see any hada, but on the other, the hamon looks good, not like other wartime blades i had before. Can't make up my mind

That's a nice idea, I'm going to try looking at confirmed signatures and see if there's a good resemblance.

Still can't figure if this is a traditionally made blade or not, I'll have a magnifying glass and good adjustable lighting tomorrow to see if I can fish out any more details.

Other opinions welcome,and thanks for the help so far, everyone!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..