Two Signatures

Marius

Dear members,

I have two signatures here, probably easy, but I would like to kindly ask you for assistance. I have identified the  first mei mei (dark background picture) as  Kakimoto Yamato no Suke Masahisa. 

In the second picture (looks like a gendaito) I see only Bishu ju (?) Naga saku. I have no idea what kanji is before "naga". I haven't yet looked at the sloppy signature on the left side of the nakago.

Thank you for your time and help  :)

post-221-0-47908400-1429695146_thumb.jpg

post-221-0-49572300-1429695223_thumb.jpg

Dear Marius,

the first one seems easy (from Markus book):

Masahisa (正久), Kyōwa (享和, 1801-1804), Hizen – „Hishū Hirado-jū Masahisa“ (肥州平戸住正久), civilian name „Kakimoto Dennosuke“ (垣元伝之丞), older brother of Hisatsugu (久次) and student of Doi Shinryō (土肥真了) and Matsumura Masanao (松村昌直), he received the honorary title „Yamato no Suke“ (大和介) with which he also signed from Bunka seven (文化, 1810) onwards.

See also the attachment from Markus NihonShinto-Shi :-)

The second one is quite difficult. I have already seen this XX, but could not remember where... but will further check my libraries!

cheers

Klaus

Masahisa_eNihonShintoShi.pdf

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..