Tadakuni on E-Bay?

Hope I don't do anything 'wrong' by posting this (and hope it hasn't been discussed before), but if so, please remove...

I was just browsing e-bay, and came across this blade...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Old-Jap ... 1e902f5b64

I started with just wanting to translate the mei for practice and I came up with Harima Fujiwara Tadakuni...??? Hopefully got that part right.

Not sure if gimei or not... THAT I leave to the experts...

Mark S.

post-555-14196941611108_thumb.jpg

Hi Mark S, I noticed yesterday that the example you put on was signed tachi mei. Now then, that was typical (but always an exception to the rule) of Tadakuni line katana. From what i understand, wakizashi where signed katana mei, but then again, maybe exceptions out there, not sure.

Anyway, the mei on your example is shoddy to say the least, especially "wara" :roll:. An attempt at "Harima no kami", the son of Shodai Tadakuni or possibly the Shodai in his later years (so ive read, gets confusing). The example in Jims link is that of the Shodai.

20 watchers, someone looking for a bargain Josaku smith maybe, wishful thinking.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..