How was the show in MN

That's a shame Josh sorry about the breakdown, I my self loved the show but I lean toward the small informal shows more than the big shark feeding of the larger ones. Ill let Grey or Mark Jones do the more cerebral post on the display room, a very nice selection of Shinshinto swords. Mostly on Naokatsu I took only a few pix, two of Mark's swords that he had on display I hope hell step in here and give use a full report on whom what when, I do know that if the Gods grant me a wind fall I will be hounding him to sell me the Yukikuni Tachi (a pix of the horimono in the photos)

I think Chris and Larry were hoping for a better turn out, a few tables paid for did not show up, and Farters day was a bit slow, there was a very nice selection of lectures I could only pick up on bits and piece's as my table was pretty busy with selling sword supplies and books, its nice to come home with more than you left with even after paying for rooms shinsa gas food etc. I didn't spent much on my self except for a nice Chawan from Grey with a great little box.

Shinsa

I cant give you much more that what I heard around my table. What I received I'm very happy with, the attribution of Katsumistu and after looking in the Koto 3 of Nihonto Koza page 376 377 by Afu, I know its dead on. If you look it up and back at my post when I put it up for a look see you'll know what I mean.

Just about every thing was low 70's i don't think anything higher than 76 from what i heard.

Pinks? no there was none, if it failed one simply did not get a score, if you want to know more about this please contact someone in the higher ranks, I think it is a sound way to do it myself.

I personally want to thank those who put there trust in me for taking something that is part of their life to shinsa

Hai Domoarigatogozamasta!

Lastly I'm a bit red in the face for the photos and got some good natured ribbing for the antique mavica with the floppy disk,,,,I had to delete some photos when the disk was full at 16, I need to come into the 21 century and get something with a memory board....most photos were pre opening wiht more vendors coming in.

Oh one other thing i want to thank the young lady (shes in the pix with my son Sean) from Twin cities Budokan, school of Japanese swordmanship, for putting up with my dumb jokes about daisho

the lovely girl name is Dai, See what you missed for not coming?

post-21-1419673841191_thumb.jpg

Stephen,

Thanks so much for the pics and review. It's always great for us "out of towners :D " to get an idea of what goes on there and who is who.

I really enjoy looking at the pics and comparing them with the no-sword militaria shows here, and the "too many swords but not as social" shows I saw in Japan. The shows there do remind me of our small militaria shows here though, where it is a small but close community and everyone knows someone (or everyone)

Now we just have to force you to step out of the dark ages and make you buy a new digital camera. You don't need more than 5 or 6 MP, and i am pretty sure you can get one for less than an average tsuba or a few books. Whatcha waiting for? :lol:

Brian

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..