Yari mei translation help requested

Yoshimichi

I am having difficulty identifying the province name, and the last kanji in this small yari mei. I believe the mei might read: "(something [bishu?]) Fujiwara Kuni (something [Tomo? Kata? Tsugu?]" If it helps identify the smith or province where this may have been made, I purchased this in Kyoto. The yari blade is 4-3/4 inches long, 5/8ths inches wide at the base, and a three-sided triagular shape. The nakago is 15-5/8ths inches long, and the yari is 20-1/2 inches long from point to the end of the nakago. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Bill E. Sheehan (Yoshimichi

post-2388-1419687549871_thumb.jpg

Dear Moriyama san and Piers: Thanks for the replies.

Moriyama san: I very much appreciate the province identification.

Piers: I agree. It's wishful thinking to load one photo and expect to give anyone a reasonable shot at translating a mei. I was able to take a few more photos like you suggested, isolating the first two and last two kanji. I am hoping these make it easier to translate this mei. I have added a picture of the yari blade, which needs polishing. It came with a black, wooden flat yari saya. Any assistance you or the other members can provide in identfying the smith is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Best Regards,

Bill E. Sheehan (Yoshimichi)

post-2388-14196875676739_thumb.jpg

post-2388-14196875677218_thumb.jpg

post-2388-14196875677845_thumb.jpg

post-2388-14196875678883_thumb.jpg

Dear Piers and Moriyama san: I have attached a close up of the first two kanji in hopes that it makes it a little easier to translate and/or confirm Sashu (Satsuma) as the province. Thanks again for you help.

Regards,

Bill E. Sheehan (Yoshimichi)

post-2388-14196875679389_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..