Wakizashi - opinions on School / Age

I won't speculate on the school, but the sword looks shinshinto. Of course ware in a shinshinto are not exactly desirable. Otherwise it seems a pretty fat and healthy sword. Photos are pretty bad, though.

Absolutely agree... it looks shinshinto... Nakago-ana looks drilled frm the pictures and nakago patina looks artificially aged to me - overall quality and re-sale value will not high as well - please consider this, if you intend to bid on it.

Some may disagree with me and should of course feel welcome to do so =)

I have no suggestions on school.

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for your fast replies. I guess the concensus is shinshinto.

I was leaning this way as well, but the nakago quite threw me. I did not think it was artificially aged because I thought I didn't see any signs of this.

Can someone please point it out for me so I see what everyone else sees :oops:

What threw me more was the small cavity where the nakago has worn away where the suba would sit - at least I think thats what it is ... Photos are quite crappy

I have only seen this on fairly old swords, but perhaps more experienced members can correct me if they have come across this on shinshinto blades.

This and the lines that kind of look like faded kiri yasurime threw me completely off track.

No takers on the School ?

Regards

James

post-2097-14196874936935_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..