Touken Matsumoto - Online Sales

A bit ago I had the pleasure of purchasing a set of menuki from Touken Matsumoto ( https://www.touken-matsumoto.jp/eng/info/message_e.php) and it was a great experience.

The English page is perfectly translated, and all relevant details are clearly stated. Buying is a breeze, with several checkout options. Communication is fast, clear, and responsive. Shipping was a quick turnaround and well packed item. 

One of the better experiences I have had with a Japanese site, so wanted to give a recommendation to the members here.

• Like 4

Nice.  And rare.  Mr. Matsumoto has either studied overseas, or he has a native speaker cleaning up his translations. Well done.  I have done a fair amount or translation over here in Japan, and am amazed at how few businesses take the time to do it right.  Even permanent things like shop signs are often confusing and sometimes downright embarrassing (a high grade kids' clothing store near my house married the 2 auspicious words "star" and "ovation" to come up with their company name - Starvation!")

Did you speak with him? 

Kelly Schmidt

• Like 5

This is great. The English-speaking sphere for Japanese swords is basically monopolized by AOI, which I suspect scores 90%+ of internet foreigner sales.  

Competition in this domain is vital to improve the quality of western internet purchases. 

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..