Fund raiser for Japan Relief Toronto Ontario April 23

One person can make a difference.

The sword club at the Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre (JCCC Token Kai) is holding a fund raiser for Japan Relief. You are welcome to attend. Our tag line is bring a friend, bring a wallet.

The address is 6 Garamond Court. Here is a link to the Cultural Centre's web-site http://www.jccc.on.ca/

Our program is as follows:

Entry fee of $20 includes a sushi lunch and a raffle ticket - big prize a tsuba, smaller prizes to all entrants. Extra tickets cost $10 for one or $25 for three.

Auction - all items donated by members or friends of members. Please P.M. me for a list.

Guest speaker on the situation in Japan

Talk on Shinsa - what is does and does not do. Senior members will offer opinions on whether or not a blade should be sumitted to shinsa.

Kantei - a blade will be provided for kantei followed by a discussion

Report on the fund raising of members for Japan Relief

In an email to club members I asked them to do fund raising for Japan Relief at work to support the needs in Japan. In my case, I got a restaurant to donate 200 boxes of sushi that were sold at my place of work. My team and I raised over $2700 that was donated to the Canadian Red Cross for Japan Relief.

Members of this board can make a difference. It is easy to start and surprizingly easy to raise funds for this good cause.

• 3 weeks later...

We had a successful fund raiser for Japan Relief today. Our club raised $3795.00! The nearest Japanese resaurant donated 25 sushi lunches. We sold raffle tickets for a tsuba and some minor items. Everyone got something. We had an auction of donated items. At the end of hte day we raised over $3k.

It is not that difficult to fund raise for a worthy cause. I encourage all of you to try it. Special thanks to J.S. who bid from afar in our auction - winning a print.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..