GENDAITO NAGAMITSU UP FOR AUCTION

Bit of hard times have fallen, i never thought id let this go, your chance to make a offer before the ebay crowd sees it. This would be over the 4K$ if it was on any of our members web sites.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0088366278

Lets talk.

h2obro1@aol.com

ill try for better pix today.

post-21-14196736011073_thumb.jpg

thought you may get a kick out of it. From a buyer in China bidder name left out.

Positive feedback: 97.4%

Registered on: http://www.ebay.cn

Item: Japanese Sword FANTASTIC NAGAMITSU TRUE NIHONTO (330088366278)

This message was sent while the listing was active.

////////// is a potential buyer.

Dear sir: I want to know if you accept my bidding, and the low price. Wait for your reply,thanks.please not show this message.

then this

//////// is a potential buyer.

I have bought about 26 swords from US, so you do not worry about to ship sword to CHINA. MY meant is that the lowest price you could accept.thanks.

heres his feedback

Feedback Score: 73

Positive Feedback: 97.4%

Members who left a positive: 75

Members who left a negative: 2

All positive feedback received: 105

Recent Ratings:

Past

Month Past

6 Months Past

12 Months

positive 1 24 42

neutral 1 1 1

negative 1 2 2

well it seems he has made his feedback Private Feedback

This member, ///////, has decided to make their feedback comments private. Feedback can still be left for this user and the ratings left are shown above in summary format. Learn more about private feedback.

I ask him twice to let me know who I was talking with...he had some good feedback but he did not reply. the bad ones were real bad sword could not get into China and sellers getting stuck with shipping and such.

id hate to think where the swords went and if to the copy makers.

i think now we need to know who this is in case you get a offer from him. What do you think Brian? Should i post hes three names hes had on ebay?

Hi Stephen,

Although unlikely..I think we should give the potential "buyer" the benefit of the doubt for now, and not post his user id.

I have heard of a very few genuine buyers in China who do collect Nihonto, although they seem to run a big risk getting them in there.

I doubt they would be using them to perfect fakes. It would be easier to source those elsewhere, and there is enough info online.

I'm sure the members will appreciate the warning, and any potential bidder or seller from China should raise red flags.

If he is serious..he will provide full details and a guarantee that if the sword doesn't make it into China, then the costs are all his. If not..then sayonara. Payment method is best something that cannot be retracted, such as bank transfer that is verified.

Brian

Yes I have decided to give free shipping to Nihonto Message Board members of good standing. I will not ship to China, Japan yes Europe yes South America/Africa yes Downunder yes, as long as shipping and ins is not over one hundred dollars, shipping is free. Only if reserve is met.

Stephen,

Just to let you know, I have sold (not on e-bay) and shipped 3-4 swords to China and Taiwan without difficulty. There are collectors in China.

Whether the specific guy who wrote you is legit or not who knows. If he is registered on e-bay and makes the winning bid, he is just another buyer. (of course you know, but for others, you have the option to block or cancel bids by this or any bidder if it doesn't feel right, as well as refuse countries as a whole)

* Just as a side note to anyone considering selling internationally. These are a few things I have learned doing this on a commercial level:

Require that international buyers bear full responsibility for understanding and compliance with import laws and regulations of the country of import.

For international payments you should insist on a bank wire transfers.

Ship only after payment has cleared.

If international buyers want their item fast, wire transfer is the only way to go.

Typically international wire transfer's require 3-7 business days for processing, making them fast and secure.

Most buyers and sellers do not realize that other forms of international payment such as Check, MO, Paypal, depending on country of origination can take up to thirty days to clear.

When accepting payment through methods other than wire transfers, such as MO, Checks etc. Always place a "Hold for collection" on them at your bank. If you have overdraft protection on your account, the payments will at times show cleared before the funds are actually collected. Remember, if you ship and it turns out the payment is no good and the buyer is a thief, guess who eats it, that's right you. With the "Hold for collection", it is not shown as cleared until the funds have actually been collected. Then and only then is it safe to ship to anyone, anywhere.

Paypal causes some problems with international payments (aside from fees being high) due to the fact that a buyer while confirmed in his or her own country, may not be confirmed in the US. This causes buyers understandable aggravation. Again, wire transfers eliminate this and are cheaper.

The key IMHO to preventing problems whether domestic or international is to be absolutely clear on your expectations and requirements.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..