Gunto help

Randall Lee

Hello everyone! This is my first post of many, I got the sword bug and I am trying to start up a collection. My very first piece I have I am having a little trouble translating the mei and date. I am a active member over at SFI and a friend suggested to me to try you guys out. Here is the link to my pics ... Could some one help me out translating this gunto for me. Maybe tell me a little about it. I am new to this so any help would be appreciated!!!

http://www.swordforum.com/forums/showth ... p?t=104191

Hmm that is what another person posted on that thread. However this is what's confusing to me is that I thought during the occupation they were not allowed to produce swords. He also stated that there was a mino smith named yasamitsu! This is where I'm really confused lol especially since the sword is mounted in military mounts. I cannot find any arsenal stamps either .

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..