Japanese WORLD WAR II SHIN GUNTO KATANA WITH PATRIOTIC "TETSU DAMASHI" (IRON SPIRIT) INSCRIPTION

they may have had it displayed at the Chicago show. They had a table and i know they had swords out from future auctions  (nice to examine items before bidding)

Mark

• Conway S changed the title to Japanese WORLD WAR II SHIN GUNTO KATANA WITH PATRIOTIC "TETSU DAMASHI" (IRON SPIRIT) INSCRIPTION

Yes, I've seen a few, not a lot, but a few blades with slogans on them over the years.  SMR was the only one, to my knowledge, to do it on a mass scale.  I think the rest are done on individual order.

Posting pics of the one above for posterity

JAPANESE WORLD WAR II SHIN GUNTO KATANA WITH PATRIOTIC "TETSU DAMASHI" (IRON SPIRIT) INSCRIPTION ANDJAPANESE WORLD WAR II SHIN GUNTO KATANA WITH PATRIOTIC "TETSU DAMASHI" (IRON SPIRIT) INSCRIPTION AND

JAPANESE WORLD WAR II SHIN GUNTO KATANA WITH PATRIOTIC "TETSU DAMASHI" (IRON SPIRIT) INSCRIPTION ANDJAPANESE WORLD WAR II SHIN GUNTO KATANA WITH PATRIOTIC "TETSU DAMASHI" (IRON SPIRIT) INSCRIPTION AND

• Like 1
  • Love 1

There were 2 swords in this auction with field grade tassels and one with a general's tassel. This one sold for $1500 before buyer's premium of 28%. Unless they had better pictures on their auction house website, the pictures of the blades were pretty unhelpful. Nonetheless an interesting piece and I also like the yasurime. 

Conway

• Like 2