japanese kyu gunto sword knot?

irca

Hello!

I wounder were I can find pictures on Japanese kyu gunto sword knots, from the time Japan russo war? And maybe find something to read about them? I have try to search on internet, but not find something to give me answer about look and differens who is caring them. sorry about my english, I hope you understand what I write. I hope someone have a ide to were I would searching!

best regards Claes

Thanks Bruno and Stephen for the try to help!

Maybe I can mail the Ebay saler too ask were he/she find the info about the sword knot?There is moore easy too find info about Japanese sword tassel WWII, but I hope there is some one who knows were I can get moore info about the early Japanese swords knots.

best regards Claes

I think there are at possibly four different types of sword knot for Kyu-gunto swords: Army Company Officer black tassle type, Army Field Officer black ball type, Navy Officer gold bullion type, and Army/Navy General/Admiral gold/red bullion type.

Edit - Perhaps the Army types are infact the same? The first having unravelled somewhat?

to add to Dick's post - all these grades were also divided into army officers(gold) / army officials(silver) / police officers. If i'm correct, German style black tassels(ball types - never seen other type) were started to use after 1912 or 1914? Truly i couldn't find enough information about kyu gunto tassels. Some are noted in Fuller&Gergory books, some by J.Dowson, but not enough definetely.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..