Thoughts on these Kizu

Hi, I am new to the boards and fairly new to Nihonto collecting.  There is a sword I am considering purchasing that has a few Kizu on it.  It has Hozon paperwork, but I wanted to know some thoughts on the Kizu and whether they would be considered to be serious flaws or not.  The blade itself is a mid Muromachi period Katana.   I would appreciate any thoughts and insights.

Kizu 1.jpg

Kizu 2.jpg

Kizu 3.jpg

Kizu 4.jpg

I thought that looked like Gassan work. :-P 

It's not a bad package for 600,000 JPY (especially with the weak yen). The kizu are about what I would expect for a blade of this age at that price point from Aoi Art. Seems like a good example of the school's work. You could certainly do a lot worse.

• Like 1

Not a bad piece, look up kizu and/vs ware, this looks more like ware from time and polish. Hard to tell via photo, first pic and last pic inorder look like loose nice nie maybe well... down the road some handa, nothing a Togishi can not handle. Second looks to be nie exposed by polish. A nice blade.

Thanks everyone.   It is Aoi.  Sorry for not putting a link to the auction, I thought the photos with the areas circled would be easier.  I appreciate the feedback and I will definitely go to those sites listed with more information on kizu vs ware.

6 hours ago, Ooitame said:

Not a bad piece, look up kizu and/vs ware, this looks more like ware from time and polish.

Just want to clarify that because it sounds a little misleading. Time does not open layers if the blade has ware it has it from the time when It was forged, maybe it is hidden underneath flawless layers but when it shows up after polish it was there from the beginning. 

• Like 1