Need some expertise

Hello all and thanks for your previous expertise. I need the collective knowledge again as I have been able to purchase a sword but am unfamiliar with one of its ‘stamps’. I have seen the 3 rings before. I’ve never seen the other one. Has anyone else come across this?  
second question is- the blade is pretty corroded. I’ve heard that typically you do not clean them. What is your opinions on this?  
lastly, were the metal

handled Katanas tangs typically signed or is it better to not investigate?

thanks in advance - 

IMG_8659.jpeg

IMG_8655.jpeg

IMG_8662.jpeg

50 minutes ago, Stephen said:

You should post in military forum they can tell you all about the stamps 

https://www.militaria.co.za/nmb/forum/45-military-swords-of-Japan/

See Boss just posted, yes they NCOs are not signed, it does no good to take handle off and they  seldom go back together as tight.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DTM72 said:

I agree 100% with the above, do NOT try to remove the handle, 100% chance of it NOT being signed and 75% chance of scratching the paint on the tsuka and messing-up the screw itself.

Thank you!  Greatly appreciate the help 

11 hours ago, scott 88 said:

Thanks for the help and opinions. Would this pattern on another sword I have be considered a ‘Jada’ line?

I think you may be mixing two terms into one.  

JI HADA - 地肌 - surface pattern of the hada

SHINOGI - - ridgeline of the blade

All I can see on the surface of the blade are scratches or sanding marks. The line running parallel to the back edge of the blade (Shinogi line) is high up on the blade. (more taper, and less thick back edge) This is usually indicative of an older blade. Would need a better picture of the blade laying flat to tell for sure.