Second New tsuba!

hoitomt1

Hi guys! I recently bought two tsuba, and i just posted the first one the other day. Here comes the second

is there anything you can tell me about this? My first one seemed to be cast, but to me this one seems carved? Any info is appreciated

-Sten

IMG_4205.jpeg

IMG_4204.jpeg

IMG_4203.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Infinite_Wisdumb said:

Nakago-ana curvature looks off to me.  

It seems and feels like to me that someone before me has tried to fit it to a different bigger sword. It is quite small i think 5,8x6 cm

First off I have to disagree with Jesse.  [please forgive me!] There is the evidence of a small tagane-ato at the top of the nakago-ana so likely mounted once, but I agree it is ubu.

image.png.28c40621cacaa6d3089df595313de993.png

I would say the guard is Shoami, in the style of Shoami Kanenori [ura] but it also has some features found in Kaneie {omote} a blended design? Of a low end or quickly made variety.

This Shoami gimei example is similar to the ura side.

image.png.4a56b94962ff55927d7774a32e25bd22.png 

A more elaborate one here https://www.samuraim...samurai-sword-t-161/  [but I think it is still not what it is made out to be]

A large number of these exist, as with most the quality varies a lot and they often appear hurried.

kanenori.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spartancrest said:

Sten it is difficult to see but are the ten-zogan dots in a different colour to the main metal of the plate or just the patina worn off? Likewise the centre of the flower heads?

it was difficult for me to show it good in the pictures, but the all the ten-zogan dots are copper, while the flowerheads appear to be brass or gold. the guard itself is iron

• Thanks 1