Agent beware

When one tells a lie one eventually has to tell more lies to cover the original lie.

This truth  is something that never seems to sink into the mind certain people.

Therefore I think it is about time for MR. MICHEAL HERBERTto come clean and tell the truth about his dealings with his so called Agent Beware.

However, I do not believe it will be so as it seems he is to arrogant and incapable of doing so.

Therefore, I will give MR. MICHAEL HERBERT a day or two to revise his tirade into a truthful tirade before posting the truth of the correct version and unbelievable parts of his ranting and raving. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

WELCOME,

Please do but make sure you post each email in its entirity as I have and will.

Editing is such an amazing thing- so if you DO edit them you will be the dishonest one!

Also I have attached a special pic for members- shows the sword as it left Sydney- has ots original habaki- you know the one your craftsmen MADE and butchered after it was straightened !

Post them entirely or I fill the spaces!

Classic , absolutely classic didnt even know what was what!

My guess blade sent to togi- without habaki - as how many of us have polished blades with there original habiki? The togi would never had taken so much off ha if the habaki had been with it.Hence it was squeezed sent for shirasaya!

Rememver Ill say again post complete emails not parts of!

Pics are 28 Apri 2018 @ 1.33pm! 

IMAG1595.jpg

IMAG1593.jpg

Edited by shakudo
Missed a word (polished)

Hi all,

Apologies but have to show MC payment into my account-

$1300 for polished blade ,new shirasaya  Nd dodgy habaki- now thats a good buy- wonder where it is?

Dont want to know but its gone!

Screenshot_20240104_101238_Westpac.jpg

I'll urge both sides to post what they want to say, so that I can close this. Not much to be gained by dragging it out, right of reply is important. But this really does seem a lot of personal disagreement and not much to be gained by dragging it on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agreed Brian, I started this so that I could warn others.

Papered, polished and shirasaya sold after I paid the asking price including interest for $1300 Aust. 

Really interested in the reply?  Especially the professionally made habaki- made before 1945 !

Hopefully it wont happen to any other collector!

Cheers

Is there a succinct summary of the core issue?

From what I've seen:

1. Sword sent for restoration (polish, habaki, shirasaya and a tsuka re-wrap).

2. No price agreed.

3. Delayed return because of COVID. 2 years added to a three year process.

4. Seller unhappy with both the restoration and price?

5. Invoice unpaid as a result.

6. Sword sold (with owner permission) to cover the costs.

From a price point of view, it's unwise not to have this quoted and / or agreed in advance. Difficult to complain later otherwise?

As for the quality of the restoration, there's degrees of acceptability. Just "not that good" doesn't get you off the bill. Significant issues, is cause for a dispute, but I haven't seen this clearly demonstrated (have we seen the pictures, pre and post?).

Surely, pay the bill, get the sword back and then (with evidence) seek either a discount or refund - would have been the best course of action. If you can evidence damage to the sword / its value, you can go to small claims.

Instead, with the sword sold, you've effectively accepted that as a resolution? 🤷

• Love 1

Hi Mikaveli,

You obviously cant take in the info provided! I paid the sum- along with interest and guess what SWORD sold after the payment . Maybe you need to read the post. Another non paying member whi vanr read or takin what is in fronr of them!

I paid full price with interest and still my sword was sold! Have you actually read the post and viewed the pics. Seriously, just been chatting with Brian- wondering why I am financially  supporting this forum- and now you chime in- read the posts-   you doufus- get a brain- I have not accepted the sale of sword why do you think I m complaining! You are f......  t

Read the post you sae out there- wheres your monthly payment to NMB. Yeah for sure - read it you ahole. Even your time line is out- go back into your hole- you obviously cant read!

Like to meet you in bar!!!

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

20 minutes ago, shakudo said:

Hi Mikaveli,

You obviously cant take in the info provided! I paid the sum- along with interest and guess what SWORD sold after the payment . Maybe you need to read the post. Another non paying member whi vanr read or takin what is in fronr of them!

I paid full price with interest and still my sword was sold! Have you actually read the post and viewed the pics. Seriously, just been chatting with Brian- wondering why I am financially  supporting this forum- and now you chime in- read the posts-   you doufus- get a brain- I have not accepted the sale of sword why do you think I m complaining! You are f......  t

Read the post you sae out there- wheres your monthly payment to NMB. Yeah for sure - read it you ahole. Even your time line is out- go back into your hole- you obviously cant read!

Like to meet you in bar!!!

Can't you just explain, rather than throwing insults?

How much did Bijutsu Antiques ask for initially, what did you eventually pay and when?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Waiting on your reply- buy hey maybe you didnt finish school- read wats in front of you! Love to meet you in a bar!!!! Yeah keyboard warrior but still cant read. Pay for the privelige or foff!  Comung to UK soon may e I can crunch in!!  What a fwit.

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

Well see, I asked if you had read the post- obviously not. Thats what fires me up. All the info was there but you came guns blazing! Read the fn post- read it -even the bank statements. I am so tired of dealing with peoole who dont do their research before they open their mouths- you are one- read the posts- pay attention to the bank posts- guessing your 30 or less!  Still visiting!

Mike I understand your frustration,  but your really going off the tracks here mate.

I suspect you may get this Locked or post remove. NO need for insult it makes you the lesser man.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Understand mate mate, but cant handle idiots who chime in that cant read. The info is there so what the f.  I will not suffer idiots! Do what you have to do but REALLY!

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, shakudo said:

Understand mate mate, but cant handle idiots who chime in that cant read. The info is there so what the f.  I will not suffer idiots! Do what you have to do but REALLY!

Thank you again.

So, for example, on your reply that shows "proof of payment", it isn't clear who you paid and how much. I can't see the agent's name or company name mentioned?

If I missed it apologies, but does that really merit being insulted?

• Like 3

What it means is that you didnt read the post! You came in guns blazing but guess what you didnt read the posts. That realy annoys me- read read it!   My bank statements show what I paid and the next is his deposit on the sale of the sword.  Maybe I expext people to work on my mind! Bit stuffed realy!

Aint hard read it work out a time line- mAybe thats it , members cant deal with that. Really Im over it and the thought the info is here they just have to look. If you cant look, discern the info then stay quiet!

12 minutes ago, shakudo said:

What it means is that you didnt read the post! You came in guns blazing but guess what you didnt read the posts. That realy annoys me- read read it!   My bank statements show what I paid and the next is his deposit on the sale of the sword.  Maybe I expext people to work on my mind! Bit stuffed realy!

Aint hard read it work out a time line- mAybe thats it , members cant deal with that. Really Im over it and the thought the info is here they just have to look. If you cant look, discern the info then stay quiet!

I don't understand why you think I came in "guns blazing".

You've posted a lot, and it's quite hard to follow. I just tried to summarise in a succinct way - leaving it open for correction or confirmation.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Going to bed

Read and reread  make sure you understand- if not ask! dont coming guns blazing, just over the keyboard warriors. 

Admin- just do what you need to do . Over nufnufs

For Bijutsu Antiques, I can see the tsuka has the issue with the fit (at the kashira).

They seem to believe you were trying to squeeze a 40% discount after COVID.

I can see they eventually refunded $1300. It isn't clear why this amount is so low (if they sold the sword _and_ had payment from you).

You haven't really explained why you didn't take receipt in Japan (and pay at that time too). The company seemed to state they offered to deal with customs etc. for you on departure?

The jury is out on Bijutsu Antiques. What is clear, is that you're a difficult person to deal with.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

As I said before, one lie has to be covered by another lie. Telling untruths to achieve a destruction of a persons reputation and doing so in a manner such as you have done only shows how self destructive you are.

Reading your posts of mail and the response, it is no wonder that the sword was sold well before the payment for whatever anyone would quickly pay for it.

That said, the original amount of for the restoration was reasonable Y403,000 rounded. That can be worked out at $1.00 = Y92.  The reason there was no agreed price made is to keep the cost lower for the owner. Bijitsu's prices are quite reasonable. What really irks (big word for Sherbert sorry Herbert) Herbert is that the 39% discount that he tried to achieve ended up costing him much more. As one post said, pay the bill and then demand the refund.

To summarize the posts by Herbert: 

After reading the posts that Shakudo has posted on "Agent Beware" recently and reading the emails posted by the agent to beware of, one can only see how childish and stupid Shakudo (Micheal Sherbert, sorry Herbert) has been.

One does not tell a dealer or any business company to keep ones personal asset or to sell that asset when one has a contractual obligation concerning that asset. It would be the height of stupidity. It does that mean that Herbert Sherbert is blinded by the fact that he did not get his own way in this case and has no way to further bully Bijutsu Antiques.

Also,  Mr. Sherbert sorry Herbert, also stated he had legal opinion of his standing in these allegations. However he seems reluctant to begin legal procedures for any legal recourse that can be taken. I do not see any mention of that. Is it possible that Mr. Sherbert (sorry, Herbert) is totally in the wrong. He has certainly posted "Agent Beware's) mail that seems to reinforce the above.

One post mentions he cannot get the government pension because he has too many assets. Then his bank statement shows that his woman (wife or other) has to give or lend him $1,800. Which is it? One is obviously a lie.

Furthermore, it is obvious that Herbert has or is losing his marbles and is off the wall by the venomous response to certain other members especially one in the UK. This really does show how unbalanced and unreasonable he really is.

I would recommend that the Nihonto Message Board now consider how unbalanced and full of hatred Micheal Herbert is now displaying by his remarks to others who question and the fact that he has also posted very private information that any scammer could, and probably would, use to his/her advantage.

Thank you for reading.

Kunikane  The bane of Micheal herbert

This is just my opinion.

I invite others to comment if they think it appropriate.

I promise I will not get up the wall and stay coherent.

• Like 1

Stop insulting members!
Even I can't make head or tails of what happened here, hence why I asked also for a summary. Like wtf....who has time to read through a jumble of pics and facts that make no sense.
You're not doing yourself much good here. I'd like a simple explanation of what happened. But seems like that is too much to ask.
Frankly, BOTH of you just spin the facts without making anything clear. I don't even think there is one wrong party here, I think we have 2.
Not one of you has clearly and succinctly explained the chain of events. I think Micheal, you probably had no right to sell the sword. Has he now paid for restoration through the sale of the sword that he doesn't have anymore? That isn't ethical business. And Mike, you handled this is the most bizarre way it seems.
I just know that the insults and fit throwing do no-one any good here. In fact, I can't deal with more of this. If someone posts me a CLEAR summary of what happened, I'll add it.
Until then, I'm done with this. Pain me since I lose a supporter, and we need all of that we can get. But I have to go on facts and not funds.

• Like 5
  • Love 7
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1