Help in valuation for insurance

JonP

I have a WW2 Army mounted gendaito in excellent condition made by Ishido Teruhide. Interestingly I bought it by mail order in the 80’s from an American dealer called I think Fred, sight unseen. I sent him the $ and he sent me the sword, more trusting times.

I would have a difficult time trying to replace this sword here in NZ if it were stolen and an expert valuation here even more difficult. So if anyone has bought something similar lately could you let me know the ballpark figure to value it please.

IMG_0144.png

IMG_0018.jpeg

IMG_2739.jpeg

IMG_2982.jpeg

Hi Aiki, 

Welcome to NMB, could you please post some more detailed pictures of the blade including close ups of the hardened edge, any activity in the blade above the hamon and tang? 

At first blush it looks a little older than a wartime blade but I could be wrong and so better pictures might help date it better. :thumbsup:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..