Temple dedication Gendai

Hey Jean, beautiful is subjective and I don’t dabble much in traditional blades outside militaria so for me, the hamon is nice and the condition of the blade is immaculate. Do you think it’s fake? The nakago doesn’t appear to have active rust which leads me to believe it was cleaned hence, destroying collectible value. Just my two cents!

• Confused 1

Hey Noah, the "patina" on the tang is consistent with a Showa date, so no worries there.  If Jimmy Hayashi did the polish you can rest assured that it is PERFECT!  I've seen several of his polishes, and have a sword polished by him.  So I'm sure its beautiful.  I think what Jean is saying is that the photos are not very good to make a determination of how nice it is.  Given the cost of one of his polishes and a new shirasaya the price of this sword is quite good. 

Tom M. 

• Love 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..