Kabuto and menpō stand

Steffieeee

Bit random but are there any stands that allow for a menpō to be mounted underneath a Kabuto. I've got helmet stands and I've seen menpō stands available but are there any that actually combine the two? And look cool rather than having two stands Jammed together...

Steffieeee (don’t know your name...sry),

normally, a menpo can be mounted together with an kabuto on any simple (commercial) kabuto stand.

Some clever collectors, however, designed an adjustable stand, which is more suitable for this. Unfortunately, quite expensive and only made in small series somewhere here in Germany, as far as I know.

Maybe somebody on this forum knows other sources......?!

Hello,

I can offer this Kabuto-Menpo Stand. They are handmade in very good quality. They are made of steel and they are adjustable in height. Price is 250 Euro plus shipping.

Best regards

Sebastian

All I do is add an extra piece to a kabuto stand at right angles to the main upright that fits into the chin of the mask. When you tie the helmet cord it pulls the mask up against this and everything is held securely.

Ian Bottomley

For a while I made my stands with a plywood shape instead of the usual mushroom shaped piece of wood on top. Basically I traced around the koshimaki of the bowl with notches where the helmet cord fastening loops were. This allowed the koshimaki of the bowl to sit on the plywood without putting any weight at all on the ukebari (lining). If the latter is delicate it is worth doing. I also paint them with blackboard paint (mainly because they aren't any great shakes at woodworking).

Ian Bottomley

Archived