Worthy tsuba or cast repro?

Tigerinbamboo

Gentlemen, ...  I feel like I am learning a lot (and boy is there a lot to learn!) by looking at both excellent and awful examples and reading the incredible advice here. Thank you all!!

G'day Kathleen,

On "lots to learn" there are some memorable (and not so memorable!!) threads in this vast storehouse of knowledge you might be interested to read.  Could I suggest this one that I very much enjoyed reading:

http://www.militaria.co.za/nmb/topic/22873-help-my-awakening-to-old-iron/

Pick any word/s that looks interesting and put them in the search window for Forums to pick up other threads.  If you are moved to make a comment do look at the posting dates to (perhaps) avoid making what is called a "necropost" - this Board goes back to 2008 or earlier...

Best regards,

BaZZa

aka Barry Thomas

Melbourne, Australia.

G'day to you, Barry

That thread is hilarious, and very informative. I'm learning a ton by lurking around here, and I just got a pile of Robert Haynes catalogs to delve into. This is a vast field, and I feel quite fortunate to have found this board. People have been very kind about my clueless questions.

Cheers,

• Like 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..