Ichijo School Tsuba

Frank B

Before discussing, I just wanted to say thank you again to Curran for the seamless transaction, I can't recommend him enough. The tsuba in question has hozon papers to the ichijo school and is done in the classic snowflake theme. I've done research on these but have not found much. If anyone has more info to add, I'd love to discuss it.

post-4162-0-40044900-1540947821_thumb.png

post-4162-0-75583800-1540947843_thumb.jpg

post-4162-0-91938600-1540948012_thumb.png

• Like 6

Frank,

Smart buy!  Curran's offerings are always fine quality and never boring, on top of having a great eye....he's a true gentleman. Unless someone comes along who has invested much time studying Ichijo's followers...you'll have to spend a lot of time researching, good luck.  Meanwhile, I'll do some digging and let you know if I uncover anything of interest.

-S-

• Like 1

Was there not an NBTHK publication on the Ichijo Ippa in their journal?

Work is chaotic at the moment, but I should go digging for it if someone else cannot find it.

Also, master Markus is certain to have written on the topic.

• Like 2

The second photo gives me a headache.  I never really ever owned a tsuba from that school but I remember reading a nice Blog post written by Rich Turner about a tsuba from this school awhile ago.  Overall good to see you spending your money wisely young padawan..  :clap:   

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..