Japanese Armor Society Magazine

Luc T

Hmmm...discussing arguments on a different forum, on my forum. Makes it feel like the controversy is happening here.

While not amused by all of this (ok..mildly amused, maybe it is the pills) I am leaving it here as it makes my usual Nihonto-related stress seem insignificant.

I sometimes wonder if the Nihonto world is too political or controversial. Then I read what is happening with armour, and I feel much much better.

C'mon guys, it's all just pixels on a screen somewhere. At the end of the day, we all enjoy swords or armour or whatever. Really pointless to waste time on personal disputes. Just agree to disagree and move on. We all need less stress.

Agreed. And apologies to you and others for having to endure this soap opera. No one wants these kind of petty arguments.

I'll end by saying that we're doing the best we can and our members seem to be happy with our efforts. Our society is meant for serious students of armour who respect our field of study and each other - no matter what level of knowledge and experience - and even if you cannot (or will not) pay our membership fee (which seems to be one of our greatest criticisms), you can still engage with our members and have access to information if you wish.

The only kool-aid we drink is katchu-coloured.

• Like 2

I have today deleted posts that were using this forum to promote membership of a society and its forum. The NMB Katchu section exists to answer questions about armour or to elicit comments. it does NOT exist as a venue for advertising a forum that is only available to paying members. Should members of that society wish to contribute to a question on armour, or make a valid comment they are perfectly free to do so providing their post is free of promotional material.

Ian Bottomley 

Moderator.

Very fair Ian and a sensible step, NMB should be free of politics and fights, nor should it be used as a springboard to divert traffic to other boards.
The only agenda any member here should have is to share knowledge on the subject and help others with their collecting questions.

Sorry Ian and others. I have taken the decision to restore the posts. I do not like censorship at the best of times, and am wary to be seen as taking one or other side. I also think  that many posts here are very telling, and will give a background to things that have been happening behind the scenes for a while now. Everyone gets their say, and people get to make up their minds about the situation. I also have no issue with people advertising a private forum. If it is any good...it will survive. If not....so be it. I would hope others would advertise our forum just as much and I don't think the commercial aspect has anything to do with it.
While I respect the reasons Ian would want to clean up this topic, he is too involved in the subject and I would not wish anyone out there to cry bias.
So I am locking this, and leaving it for people to learn from and hopefully learn to just get along. Maybe in a year, all of these folk will be working together.

• Like 9