new nihonto

werner

Chris, Reinhard, et al

You guys do realise you are being played off against one another by a noob or two dont you? The noob element is sitting back and watching you in the hope of a good 'ol dust up. Its a cruel world and theres nothing like watching a fight between a couple of the top dogs. No offence to the noobs - its probably unintentional! :D Gee I hate p......g contests. I always hit the ground before I hit the wall. Must be a prostate thing.........

Its inevitable that we do not all share an identical opinion or that we do not share identical experience. What makes us what we are is the sum of our shared experience and knowledge, not the fact that we may occasionally disagree on some point.

JMHO :(

There is no dust up here.....If I had said US instead of Western, perhaps Reinhardt would not have commented- my mistake.....

I certainly don't see any pissing contest here either- I would call it debate....my comments regarding experience were not directed at anyone in particular.

Chris.

My reference to a pissing contest was a lame self-denigrating attempt at levity........ :D

To re-engage the subject however, and to establish some sort of baseline, it would be interesting to know roughly how many new Diamonds in the rough are discovered each year to your knowledge. I'm talking here of previously unknown blades that are submitted to shinsa and get at least a Hozon paper? Are we talking tens? hundreds?

The NBTHK gets hundreds of blades for every shinsa and I would suspect their pass rate is probably at least 50% and probably closer to 60% or better. Most of those are Hozon, so there are probably 400-500 or so new Hozon every year....

It is not that hard at all to find blades that will get Hozon as it is not that difficult to get...Tokubetsu Hozon is a different story. That is much more difficult and that is the level I believe where diamonds begin to appear....

Can we avoid the confrontational stuff? This has been a good thread and may well continue as such. If I can Ignore being labelled a stirrer and my posts being called presumptuous by an adolescent, then so can everyone else rise above these minor annoyances.

I assume you are referring to me and THAT is how you come across and sound in just about every thread I have seen you post at.

And use the spell built in spell check feature. It will make you look less adolescent.

And trust me. Anything I said I wouldn't hesitate to say it to your face.

Damn. I know this is non-topic but I couldn't resist. And as a matter of fact I am liking the way the thread played/is playing out.

Chris.

I may have cast the net a little wide with the hozon classification...... and I can appreciate why you state that tokubetsu hozon would be a different story altogether and where the more interesting diamonds in the rough are found. So what are the approximate comparative tokubetsu hozon figures for blades newly submitted for shinsa?