Ebay auction

Why yes it is sir. Thank you for the shout out Stephen. It is priced accordingly as the mei is not verified. But a solid, beautiful blade that I need to move fast to facilitate another purchase.

I was meaning to advertise it on the board but didn't get around to it. I also have a papered wakizashi up for auction right now as well (just click the other items link). Message me through eBay if you're interested.

Thank you again for the kind words Stephen.

mike

yipee!! Got my first Nihonto. I didn't bought the Yukihide but the Mino Kanenaga for $ 1.225,-- incl. NTHK Paper from Mike Yeon.

I know it isn't the best condition but, hey c'mon a new polish here in germany is around $ 1.500- 2000. So in total an NTHK papered Katana for $ 3.000 is not the worst I expected :D

The Koshirai is dmaged but this I can fix myself because "wood work" is my second name. The only thing is how to use Japanese laque. I am able to airbrush and paint with modern colors but laque is soemthing different but I will give it a try and if I am fail I will head out for a nice koshirae.

Andreas

Hi just for the note to anybody:

Who knows Mike Yeon in person? I won the auction and got a reply that the money has to be transfered to:

david morison

xx

united kingdom

The registered Name by Ebay for the account is:

Michael Yeon

xx

New York

Beside the Situation that he wont accept Paypal though it is a valid payment method.

I don't want to blame anyone and maybe there is a plausible explanation for this but for me this seems strange.

After confrontation the "indivudual" with these things there is no reply at all anymore though he sended 3 mails inbetween 20 min. before I stated to clarify this mismatch!

Anyone??

Andreas Unterbusch

P.S. I was anyway surprised that when I was watching the auctions of Mike Yeon, when I clicked on "watch more aucions of this seller" I got the message "This seller has no other auctions" Even I know that the Yukihide was for sale! I don't want to mandate anything and if there is an explanation for all of this I say sorry in advance, but it seems that this Ebay account is hijacked by someone!

Andreas,

I deleted the address details, as I don't think these should be public info here.

I can't answer your questions, but why not pm Mike here on the forum, or wait for his reply to clarify the situation?

I am sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation, and you should of course make sure the person emailing you is Mike and not some outside chancer.

But wait a bit for the reply. Timezones mean that there are delays in replies.

I am sure all will be made clear in due time.

Regards,

Brian

I PM'ed him several times after the auction ended and didn't get any reply.

I agree, that maybe there is a reasonable explanation and as I said I don't want to mandate anything but it seems strange for me at all because since I confronted him with the mismatching addressdetails there is no response anymore even this was 10 min. after the last email from me and reply from him!

Andreas Unterbusch

Ebay is funny between different countries, when looking at Martins books in German Ebay they all came up in English Ebay it said no other auctions...Mike talked about his items for sale in the first part of the thread, hang tight I'm sure he'll get a hold of you. I think you did right not paying for the wak until you hear for mike, he may have been selling for the other bloke.

edit

here is the completed items for Mike Y

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search ... =1&guest=1

Hi Andreas,

Echoing Stephen (that sounds weird, like I'm talking about myself, lol!), wait 'till you hear from Mike. This seems a little strange, as it clearly states in Mike's auction description:

International buyers must pay using PayPal. No exceptions.

cheers,

/steve

Hello Everyone,

My ebay accout has been hijacked it seems. Numerous people are getting second chance offers and it also looks like they're relisting the same auctions. I've contacted ebay to help. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, what did you do to rectify it?

My information is:

Michael Yeon

330 West 45th st

NY NY 10036

My phone is 646-827-7216 (call me or stop by if you want to check if I'm real)

I believe moses beccera recently joined the forum (moses, please let everyone know I'm real if you see this. thanks)

mike

The blades are mine and in hand btw. For further assurance I can tell you I work for Maxim Magazine (I'm the marketing director). Here's a link to the masthead:

http://www.maxim.com/masthead/index_magazine.aspx

scroll down to marketing and promotions. message me if you want a free subscription. :D

This really is unfortunate. I want to assure everyone that I'm legitimate.

mike

Stephan Hiller at nihonto.de can also vouch for me. (Stephen, I hope you don't mind me using your name in this capacity). I've sold him a blade recently.

I will also post pictures of me holding the blades with a dated periodical. This is such BS that I need to go through these lengths.

Thank you everyone for your patience/support.

mike

Mike,

Glad you guys found this out before any harm was done. Having your account hacked can be a real hassle. Are you able to log in to your ebay account, or have they changed your password?

There would have been a fishy email sent to you recently that you must have clicked and asked you to log in..that is the normal modus operandi for these guys.

I suggest you guys work it out via email, and do the deal. I also suggest contacting the police in the UK and the bank that the fraudulent account is held at, and let them know that account is being used for fraud.

Nasty business, hopefully eBay will help you get everything sorted out again. Post links of any fraudulent auctions that you spot listed falsely by yourself.

Regards,

Brian

Brian,

Thanks for the info. I've been in touch with eBay and they changed my password for me. One word of caution they offered was to always log out of your sessions. I have a feeling that I left my account open on my home computer and that's how they got in.

Aside from my reputation on NMB and beyond (I hope that has been rectified) the damage has been minimal as Renier, Andreas and myself have worked things out and are moving forward.

The only things I have noticed are they reposted the wakizashi which I immediately took down. There were also many second chance offers sent. If you have recieved these please PM me. Strangely enough they've been using my account to harras other eBay sellers of everything from TVs to event tickets (I don't know if these are legitimate).

And now that you mentioned it, there was an email sent from the UK saying that my listing was a duplicate that I replied to. Hopefully this will get fixed. Anyone who has had this problem and has any insights on how to move forward, please let me know.

Thank you Brian, as if there was no NMB, damage control would have been 10X harder. And much thanks to Renier and Andreas for offering me the benefit of the doubt.

Thank you everyone.

mike

Thank you Brian, as if there was no NMB, damage control would have been 10X harder

I'd like to think that both sales came from the board too :D

Good to see fellow members taking advice and buying better blades than the rubbish we see so often. Both guys got good deals, and should be very happy with their swords.

Regards,

Brian

On the topic of eBay scams.

I had a Yoshinao shin-gunto for sale on ebay last week (which never made reserve)

Among the many emails I received regarding the item was a very strange one from xxxxxx in Moray,United Kingdom.

Here is the message with the abuse edited out.

Thank's to the forum we already know you are a scam, you xxxx:

red-hot.at/webalizer/fonts/eBay.monitors/cgi-eBay/checkfraud/scammer-FORUM/beware.buyer.html

GET A REAL JOB OR SOMETHING....

Of course human nature and curiosity leads you to open the link and see what is being said about you.

What opens is what appears to be a legitimate eBay log-in screen.

Needless to say if I had entered my ID and password it would have been - GOTCHA!

When it comes to security the Web is still in its infancy and can be likened to the US Wild West, only there ain't no sheriff in town.

Be careful out there.

That's exactly the type of email I recieved. Unfortunately I was victimized by my curiosity.

And yes, I do agree the forum was instrumental in the blades finding good homes. I sincerely thank everyone from Stephen to Brian. If there's anything I can do to help anyone in the future, please ask. It's a wonderful community we have here, and gives me faith in light of all the dishonest scam artists out there.

Thanks to all.

mike

Hi folks,

so I had a personal speech by phone with Mike now and really have to say he behaves like a gentlemen.

We found a modality both of us can survive with.

So this should warn anyone how bad things can go in Ebay.

I would recommend to everybody to sell sword through boards like this. Maybe it is not so "tickling" without bidders but it is safer for both sides!

Thanks for the support of all of you.

I own a Nihonto now,

I own a Nihonto now,

I own a Nihonto now,

I own a Nihonto now,

I own a Nihonto now,

I own a Nihonto now,

I own a Nihonto now,

:D :D :D

Ebay is funny between different countries, when looking at Martins books in German Ebay they all came up in English Ebay it said no other auctions...

Hi Stephen,

I observed that too and therefore first posted each ebay-item individually (in my For Sale-Thread). Somehow there was no item displayed when I hit the "Other items of this seller" link :?

Sometimes ebay is strange...

Is there a trick to show all items then and is it just a problem when starting parallel auctions in different countries? Or is it just a matter of time for synchronization between the ebay servers?

Cause now it seems to work... ( http://search.ebay.de/_W0QQsassZeskrimador8QQhtZ-1 )

cheers,

Hi Stephen,

sorry, but I can´t offer free shipping :(

As it says in the item descriptions, the shipping costs will depend on the destination and insurance preferred.

My "Turbolister"-application always messes up the shipping costs.... Have to check that later...

cheers,

a bit off topic now but thanks for the info Stephen.

I will check at home this evening and try to edit the auction details.

Yes, please cancel your bid (just until I updated the auction of course :D ).

cheers,

Martin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..