Kano Kado

MAS

After a 10 year delay, I am back seeking more information about this Japanese sword. I did attempt to post some photos without sucess. Past research had the sword being made in Seke Japan by Kano Kado. It is made by 1 of 26 men from 1500-1940's. This one is probably from a time of 1600-1700? The blade had probably been shortened by 3-5 inches. The signature consists of 2 characters. The Suba guard is also old? This sword was fitted for W.W.II. The buckle and tassle is leather. The scabbard is a leather wrapped wooden core. Any additional information would be appreciated and confirmation of what I have stated above. Thank you, MAS

MAS, please sign all posts with a name.

We are obviously going to need pics. There is no reason for pics not to upload besides huge file sizes. Read the How-To section on how to post pics, then reply to this thread and post them. Will make identification at least possible...where now it is not ;)

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..